Has Gaylords fixed the bulging X2000 problem?

BIG LAW MAN

Mine only had a huge bulge about twice. Gaylord had done nothing to fix it. When it gets hot now, it only has a small bulge vs. the large one the first few days of high heat and now that it has cooled off mine has not had a problem since or atleast till the florida heat comes back.

i have a black one and dont have a clue what your talking about , enlighten me??

A little while back, people with the lid had noticed that it would buldge or maybe warp a bit due to hight temperature. do a search, you should be able to find something on it... they even show pics of one in the morning while its cool, and daytime when its hot i think...

i have a speedstur n i have no problem with it. then again i live in alaska :banghead:

I think the only problem with the cover is that is has no way to releave the pressure when it gets hot. I was considering drilling some small holes to see if this would fix the problem but Gaylords said they would void the warrenty (even though I really dont think they would honor it anyway). It has stoped swelling as bad as it did the first few times and I think this is because it vented itself by cracking a seal somewhere inside of it. Over all I am happy with the look, I just think they need to work on this problem before saleing anymore.

Archived