cheapest place to get the sts kit

mplv

i want to do this as cheaply as possible, where should i go for the kit and what is nesc. as far as upgrades

Call STS to get the closest dealer to you. They all can make some pretty awesome deals.

I'd recommend getting the dual boost controller, a meth kit, and the GT67. You'll need injectors and a tune.

how much would that setup cost finished erik? cause i can get someone to fab me up some pipes cheap! so all id need is everything but the pipings, ie intercooler, injectors, meth, turbo, and what not. so i can make a custom 1-off engine bay turbo setup.

nick

so all id need is everything but the pipings, ie intercooler, injectors, meth, turbo, and what not. so i can make a custom 1-off engine bay turbo setup.

doesnt this defeat the purpose of the sts kit then? arent the turbos tweaked to run rear mounted, and not in the egine bay? :confused:

hey berk, i live not to far from you, mabey i can bum a ride when your truck gets done. i would rather have an intercooler though and not need to add water, me and maintence dont get along

FMICs can be had for about $300 on ebay (OBX FMIC) but then you'd either have to fab up the piping and mounting or pay someone to do it. I'd say FMIC too -- meth is great for pushing the envelope at the track, but for a daily driver, FMIC is the way to go. I hesitate to recommend it, though, because there is still no "off the shelf" solution from anyone yet.

I'd be happy to give you a ride :) Once the truck is all back together :crackup:

i dont think so.... itl work im sore and if its made to go to the rear that just means more power cause itl be in the engine bay.

Front mount turbo for a front mount kit. Rear mount turbo for a rear mount kit :)

Not sure how the STS turbos would work up front -- might spool up extremely fast but fall off on the top end. THe turbo is the easy part of the kit to get though. Just pick your mounting flange and size your turbo. You can buy a front mount anywhere.

Archived