Bad news: National "Event" called off

Mervz

• Admin

First off, I want to apologize for getting people revved up about going to Bowling green this year, and then doing a 180. There are a couple very good reasons, that I will explain right now. I feel its only fair you all know why.

1. Cost. Any cost for the museum, would first have to be paid out of our wallet. Then, we would have to hope to recoup it back. We just are not in a financial situation where we can dish out thousands of dollars with no hope of return or profit.

2. We would have to run the show: The museum was done sponsoring events for 2003 when we inquired. Therefore, we would have to run registration, take money in, and pay for liability insurance. Plus, all the time and man-hours that I just don't have.

3. Liability insurance. This is probably one of the most prohibitive parts. We didn't even look into the cost. If the event is a "GM-TC Sponsored" event and someone gets hurt, they can sue us. We don't, obviously, want that, but we don't want to have to pay for it either.

4. Museum Availability.- At first i was told we were going to have the museum to ourselves. Then, I was told we would have to share with another group, BUT we would get the back lawn of the museum. No fun.

So, i hope that helps everyone understand what is going on. :(

There are some plans in the work for an "unoffical" vacation in LasVegas around the same time. More info on that later.

Archived