20x10 w/295/45/20

Hello:

Wondering if you guys can tell me if these sizes will fit my truck, rims are 20x10 and tires are 295/45/20. Will they fit? I am at stock height right now, the wheels and tires are currently mounted on a 99 tahoe so the (6) lug and spacing should be ok. I was wondering about the width.

I decided to ask the experts before I make a move. :thumbs:

I'm pretty sure with a 10" rim up front, you might experience some rubbing unless they were made to order for a custom application. I have a 22" X 8.5" in the front with a 305/40/22 and there is about a butthair of clearance at full turn.

Late- Alex

There are a few guys running the 22x10's. I have also seen a couple of guys with lowered trucks on the 22x10's that Motoforge makes. You may be able to find out what offset those are and see how close it is the rims you are looking at.

I like the wheels, but I think the tires are the wrong size.

The 295/45/20's are only 30.45 " tall

Thr original 275/55/20's are 31.91" tall

My opinion is that the tires are not tall enough. That is about 5% difference. I believe the max difference you should go is 3%+/- or less in order to not affect your ABS and other computer functions.

I like the wheels, but I think the tires are the wrong size.

The 295/45/20's are only 30.45 " tall

Thr original 275/55/20's are 31.91" tall

My opinion is that the tires are not tall enough. That is about 5% difference. I believe the max difference you should go is 3%+/- or less in order to not affect your ABS and other computer functions.

If you go into LS1 Edit the trucks are programmed for a 31.25" diameter tire. I do not agree with you and the percentage. The vehicle will not care what size rims/tires you put on, except for the speedo and shift points. The ABS works off of the reluctor wheels in the front hubs and the sensor in the rear differential. The computer is looking for one of the reluctors to stop spinning and that is how it knows if the brakes have locked up and then pulses the ABS. If we were talking about a Vette it would be a whole different story.

Archived