Oil Temperature Gauge and Sensor

PVerspeek

Today I picked up the Truck after the LPG-installation. It drives fine, tomorrow further testing.

I was thinking of installing an oil temperature gauge; to monitor this; as oil temp; is way more important than water temp.

As we already have an oil radiator; lines are already created. Do these lines work with a thermostat; so that radiador is shut off; as long as oil temp is to low, or not?

Has anybody already installed an oil temp sensor?

Thanks for the info guys. I ran a search; but couldn't really find something.

Pascal

I am almost positive there is no thermostat in there. I had it all apart and I can't believe that they would put a thermostat in the radiator. I cut the rubber flex line that is coming out the bottom of the radiator, this is the return line from the radiator, and installed my sending unit there.

• 6 months later...

are you asking if there is a thermostat in line with the oil cooler? if this is what you are asking, no there is not and why would you wan't one? If the oil is too cold stoping the flow to the oil cooler is going to do nothing for you because that would mean that the oil in the pan is the same temp there for you need to let the truck get to operating temp. I see there being no reason for the oil being to cold unless you live in like -30* temps even then just run a different grade of oil.

If you are asking about a t-stat for the engine cooling system yes there is one and it is behind an aluminum housing which is bolted to the right side of the block with two 10mm bolts.

Archived