Front Tag Bracket Mount????????????

rmcswain

I installed mine just as the instructions show just for the main reason that the bumper is so "big" and it breaks up the area. I thought it looked better to me. There was somebody on here that had an alternate way of installing it below the bumper in the lower section. I guess you can do a search and find it. :chevy:

I decided the best way to install it was not to install it at all. Ohio requires the front license plate (but then again Ohio requires a 65 mile per hour maximum speed :D ); I'll install it after the third ticket (upside down, under the bumper).

There was somebody on here that had an alternate way of installing it below the bumper in the lower section. I guess you can do a search and find it. :chevy:

Shopman1 has a great way of installing it. Do a search for the thread. :thumbs:

BTW, is the "BLACK" tag holder painted to match the truck. I just got mine from the dealer and it is not painted. Anyone else have a painted black plate holder or did i get screwed. :confused:

I did not want holes in the bumper so I mounted the bracket up side down and put on the lower part of the bumper with long bolts. SEE: copy past this address: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...t=ST&f=14&t=637

It shows the bracket behind the bumper as well. I think it goes well with the vents. I might be cool it the edges were painted silver to match as well, just a thought.

BTW, is the "BLACK" tag holder painted to match the truck. I just got mine from the dealer and it is not painted. Anyone else have a painted black plate holder or did i get screwed. :confused:

My truck is blue, and my plate holder came painted to match. Did your dealer order you a "replacemenet" plate holder?

The front plate mount came with the truck, painted black to match, but I have looked everywhere for instructions to install and can't find them or there weren't any :crazy: Where were the instructions for you guys that have mounted your front plates???????? :confused:

Archived