2005 VHO

standby

Stopped by the dealership where I got my VHO during lunch today and they have 1 red and 1 white '05 VHO. Did a quick in and out look over for changes and this is what I noticed: E-fans (surprise, surprise :P ), drum rear brakes, traction assist, no manual passenger airbag shut-off (open compartment in it's place), digital dual climate controls and the wheel center caps do not have the gold bowtie, it's raised and chrome.

One thing that really surprised me is how much room there is between the throttle body and fans. On the '04 and earlier trucks, the air intake tube is obviously designed around the fan shroud due to lack of room between TB and fan shroud. On the '05 there is so much room to use a less restrictive bend in the intake tube, but GM decided to use the exact same tube as on the '04! I guess they are using up inventory of '04 parts.

E-fans: How much RWHP are they worth vs. gear driven fans?

I would guess around 8-10hp.  The big difference is the mileage.  Most people report an increase of about 2mpg.  Mine got about that.

Didn't even think about the mileage, but the CAFE ratings on the window sticker are the same as my '04. :confused:

The window stick ratings are a joke. :crackup: I wonder if the efans affect the warranty? I could use some extra mpg :jester: and some extra hp :devil:

Archived