Whipple Info

Sent off a note to Whipple

"When will the kit for the 2003 Silverado SS be ready? Any specks? My red SS really could use a little more kick!

Thanks

Chad"

The reply, one day later

"It's ready to go, about 455 HP and 560 ft. lbs. of torque

Thanks

Mike O'Lane

Whipple Superchargers

559-442-1261

559-442-4153 fax

www.whipplesuperchargers.com

[email protected]"

Think the drive line can take 560 ft, lbs? (if you trust the numbers) I know the diffs are up to it, but I know NOTHING about the slush box and transfer case

if you pull out all torq. Mgmnt. You tranny will be junk in a year. If you at least keep a little and dont kill it all the time should hold up. The SS tranny isnt all that much better then the standard pickup one. I think the clutch packs are a little beefier...a little. :chevy:

Cost for the kit? :confused: Comparable to the Magnacharger Radix? :confused: What psi? :confused: Intercooled? :confused:

Sorry for the questions, just want to learn as much as possible. Not to mention I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket that may be added into the deposit on a new house :cry:

"It's ready to go, about 455 HP and 560 ft. lbs. of torque

I asked about the Whipple several months ago and they said they were getting 475 out of the Escalade (same drive train). That was a 38% increase over stock. Now they are saying 455 HP, only 32% more? :confused:

You should ask them how they dyno tested the SS. I wanted to dyno mine before and after, but could not find an AWD dyno that can accommodate the wheel base of the SS.

Are you looking into their forthcoming intercooler?

• 2 weeks later...

A few more questions, If I may, regarding the 2003 Silverado SS supercharger

How much boost are you using?

We run 6lbs. of boost

Does the mileage computer still work?

Yes the mileage comp. still works

any problems with the transmission?

Haven't had any transmissions come back to me with problems

How do you get oil in the engine? It looks like the supercharger covers the stock oil fill hole. (pictures from your web site for the 6.0L)

We swap the valve covers so that the oil fill is on the drivers side against the fire wall

Are you planning on an intercooler in the future?

We are planning an intercooler for that in about two months

Does your programmer work without a supercharger? (I am thinking of getting the programmer first, then the SC)

Just for tire size, shift firmness, and top speed limit

Does removing the torque management reduce the life of the drivetrain?

It is getting more torque through it, so it adds a little more stress

There is also an 8.1 L in the fleet. Does the programmer work on the Alison tranny?

The programmer doesn't work with the Allison tranny

Thank you for the quick original reply! You give a great first impression.

Chad

If you have any more questions feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Mike O'lane

3292 N. Weber

Fresno, CA 93722

559-442-1261

559-442-4153 fax

www.whipplesuperchargers.com

[email protected]

• 2 months later...

Not for nothing, but a Coolcharger from Dyno Proven is getting just over 500hp on the SS and Escalade. They come with a warranty to match the factory just like Magnacharger but arepretty costly. They are sold actually though certain Chevy and Cadillac dealers. Just throwing more info out there. I personally like the Powerdyne for cost/benefit. I hear they are just working on the tuning aspects right now. :troll:

Archived