Daytime Running Lamps

I recently replaced the headlamps with Sylvania SilverStars ($19.95 each at AutoZone and then a $10 rebate direct from Sylvania). I like the cooler look without the bluish tint so common on many other "HID-like" replacement bulbs.

http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm

Now that I have replaced the headlamps, the DRLs seem to stick out more because they are still the standard halogens with a warmer colored light. According to the owner's manual the replacement DRL bulb number is 4114K, but I checked and the bulb in there right now from the factory is 4157K :confused: (you can check this without removing the lamp assembly, the number is printed on the plastic base of the bulb). Anyone else noticed this? My guess it it's a misprint.

The 4157 is just a heavier duty version of the 3157 and are sometimes advertised interchangeably. Most aftermarket bulbs are 3157's, which will work but I'm concerned about longevity since these will be on most of the time.

I'd like to get some replacement DRL bulbs with a cooler light to match the SilverStars (without a bluish tint) - has anyone already done this or have suggestions?

Archived