ABS light and noise

leupy

Hey, I did a search on ABS and didn't get any results, and I was just wondering if any of you had the same problem yet.

I was driving last night and my ABS light came on. I didn't think anything of it really, since new trucks are bound to have issues to them. Well, I got home, parked the truck in the garage, and turned it off. Well, there was this mechanical sound, probably the ABS trying to self adjust itself or whatever that system does. It wouldn't shut off. I let it run for about 15 minutes to see if it would shut off on its own, but it never did. I had to pull the fuse for the thing to shut off.

I'm going to try to get into the Chevy dealer monday, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I saw that GM was doing a recall on electrical systems or something for trucks, and I just thought I'd see if this was part of it or if it's just a fluke.

Thanks guys!

-Leupy

I'm droppin' my SSS off at the dealer today. In case any of you guys have this problem in the future, I'll let you know what was wrong.

Too bad they won't throw in a supercharger for my inconvienience :D

Thanks for moving it into the suspension/brake tech section. They said my ABS module was dead. It would probably be a good idea for anyone else in this situation to remove the fuse (it's clearly labeled on the fuse box, 60 amp) so that it won't overheat and possibly burn out (read: fire).

I also had them fix my passenger window, halfway up it would make a nasty sound like it was out of the track.

Anyway, that ends this problem I guess.

-Leupy

Hey, I did a search on ABS and didn't get any results, and I was just wondering if any of you had the same problem yet.

I was driving last night and my ABS light came on.  I didn't think anything of it really, since new trucks are bound to have issues to them.  Well, I got home, parked the truck in the garage, and turned it off.  Well, there was this mechanical sound, probably the ABS trying to self adjust itself or whatever that system does.  It wouldn't shut off.  I let it run for about 15 minutes to see if it would shut off on its own, but it never did.  I had to pull the fuse for the thing to shut off.

I'm going to try to get into the Chevy dealer monday, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  I saw that GM was doing a recall on electrical systems or something for trucks, and I just thought I'd see if this was part of it or if it's just a fluke.

Thanks guys!

-Leupy

Hey i Work for a Chevy dealer for eight years and replace aleast a hundred or so ABS modules on these newer trucks. The relay is built in to the module and short to power and keeps th ABS pump running. Just need to replace the module. There is a recall for it.

Final input for the ABS problem:

My EBCM was shorted out. They replaced it and my program.

88982940 F-Module (ABS part)

For my passenger window, a bolt on the regulator was loose. They adjusted it and took care of the loose bolt.

Just giving final clarity in case anyone searches on ABS in the future for a problem...

Oh, and I hope this thing doesn't die on me after the warranty. They charged Chevrolet like $800+ for the work!

Thanks guys

-Leupy

I was driving last night and my ABS light came on.  I didn't think anything of it really, since new trucks are bound to have issues to them.  Well, I got home, parked the truck in the garage, and turned it off.  Well, there was this mechanical sound, probably the ABS trying to self adjust itself or whatever that system does.  It wouldn't shut off.  I let it run for about 15 minutes to see if it would shut off on its own, but it never did.  I had to pull the fuse for the thing to shut off.

I'm going to try to get into the Chevy dealer monday, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  I saw that GM was doing a recall on electrical systems or something for trucks, and I just thought I'd see if this was part of it or if it's just a fluke.

Thanks guys!

-Leupy

Hey i Work for a Chevy dealer for eight years and replace aleast a hundred or so ABS modules on these newer trucks. The relay is built in to the module and short to power and keeps th ABS pump running. Just need to replace the module. There is a recall for it.

A recall for the module? On our trucks? Did I just miss that somewhere? Years?

Archived