Group Buy on PCMFORLESS Tune

Rays B4U

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got mine today also. Hope to install this weekend. :cool: Thanks for the heads up on the GP Insane Tribe Trucker.

Not trying to tell ya what to do, but if you are like me waiting for this weekend will make for a long week! This install really doesn't take more than 15 minutes (and I am not a mechanically inclined person), if you have to do the relearn procedure add about another 35-40 minutes to the est. time. Don't wait! The sooner the better!

Got my PCMFORLESS PCM put in tonight! Was very easy, had to do the relearn procedure though. Took it out for a short drive and it seemed to have improved throttle response and firmer shifts. I didn't have time to drive it much, but from everything I've read, it's only going to get better in the next few hundred miles! :thumbs::thumbs::chevy:

Thanks Bryan! :cheers:

Thanks Insane Tribal Trucker for working out the GP with Bryan! :cheers:

Yay I got the new PCM today! Hopefully I will get a chance to install it this weekend. Im keeping my stock one but I had some qeustions for you guys. If I put my stocker in before taking the truck to get serviced can they plug into and see that it hasnt been in the truck for "X" amount of moths? And does it reset everything on the dash display? Im guessing it doesnt touch your mileage but does it reset the oil % and all of that ?

thanks in advanced

As far as I've always heard they can't tell if you've changed out your PCM, not sure if they can tell how long it's been in there. Good question.

And I don't think it reset anything on the gauges either. And one more thing, if I were you I'd take a nice flashlight out there and install that bad boy! But then again, you might not wanna sleep, you'll be wanting to drive around testing things out all night!

:driving:

Anyone who is close to stock:

what are the shifts rpms now ... are the way higher or about the same?

when i went up to bryans to get my tune i belive he left mine almost stock, or it was uped around 100-150 rpm. cant remember, but he can set them to what ever you want.

:seeya:

As far as I've always heard they can't tell if you've changed out your PCM, not sure if they can tell how long it's been in there. Good question.

And I don't think it reset anything on the gauges either. And one more thing, if I were you I'd take a nice flashlight out there and install that bad boy! But then again, you might not wanna sleep, you'll be wanting to drive around testing things out all night!

:driving:

I do want to go out and put it in right now but I got this little voice int he back of my head asking a bunch of questions. I have pretty good self control I could wait a while before putting it in BUT I DONT WANA! I just dont want my 05 truck already out of warranty :shakehead:

ive had mine in and out uf the dealers for services and warinty work and never a issue.

unless you have trouble with something with the pcm maybe. if thay take it for a road test most of the tecs. have no idea what a SS feels like to drive one, so few around

:seeya:

Found this little package by my front door at lunch, to my suprise it's my new tune from brian!!! So i put it in in about 10min's, Started up my truck and realzed that true love is blind! This has really awakened the performance in my truck MOFG.... I love it, thankx Brian :thumbs::flag:

Archived