Newbie Questions

dneumannjr

Hello Everyone !!

I just bought my SS about 2 weeks ago and I am enjoying the ride so far. I have a question though. I tried to search for it but didn’t seem to come up with anything.

I have a slight whine when accelerating, this could be normal but I am not sure. Sounds just like blower whine or a bad power steering pump. I am not supercharged and I don’t think it is the pump as it does not do it when I turn the wheel. It is very slight and I only notice it when I am taking off from a stop in 1st and then a little in second. Once I am up to speed I don’t hear it at all.

The other question that I have is when turning at low speeds its a little noise at times like a hum or something. Could be from the big tires or the all wheel drive just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same.

Thanks to all in advance.

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you will enjoy your new SS. :)

The hum you hear when turning maybe from the all wheel drive, mine does this too. It seems to be getting lounder on mine and I'm not sure if its from age or from the cold temps. The issue with the all wheel drive hum was a very big topic on here a month or so ago, a lot of people on here dont like this issue with our trucks.

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you will enjoy your new SS.  :)

The hum you hear when turning maybe from the all wheel drive, mine does this too.  It seems to be getting lounder on mine and I'm not sure if its from age or from the cold temps.  The issue with the all wheel drive hum was a very big topic on here a month or so ago, a lot of people on here dont like this issue with our trucks.

Sure the one question I don't search for. Sorry about the repost then. I assumed that it was probably just from the all wheel drive or the larger rims and tires. But the slight whine have you heard it in your truck? I just want to make sure that if there is something wrong that I catch it early.

Thanks again.

Archived