Opinions on big mods

Krambo

Well, I am in a real decision making bind. I want to make the SS as awesome as possible and have a few options.

option 1:

Go with the supercharger and some bolt-ons (exhust, pulleys, fans) to create a great street legal truck for a cost of around $7,000.

option 2:

Go with SLP's advice and have the 6.0L worked over for a non-emmisions super bad ass truck for $7-$8,000 (including all tuning). The motor will be well into the 500 HP range. ...worried about the AWD system :nonod: I also do not want an engine that lasts only 40,000 miles either. They said 100,000 miles is easily within reach. They claim very low 13's and possibly dip into the 12's with some weight reduction.

SLP here in NJ has a vette with the 6.0L truck engine pushing 465 horse power to the wheels!!! :eek: They say it stilll has more! Has the stock bottom end though.

As for Dyno testing with AWD: They said they would load up all of their testing computers in the truck and road test it for tuning. They stated that an AWD dyno for the truck is very hard to come by.

Comments?...

The only real question to ask you is do you want a emissions legal truck? if it doesnt matter then do a heads and cam package from SLP. Also if you tow, the supercharger package will be better, gas mileage will be better with the blower too. But if you want just straight up performance, then get the SLP package

I don't think you'd see 500 hp to the wheels with only $7000. On the escalade project I have been working on, the motor alone was over $10K, then add in all the bolt-ons, labor, tuning, exhaust, and transmission.

If you blow $8k and don't get into the 12s, you made some bad decisions.

I don't think you'd see 500 hp to the wheels with only $7000. On the escalade project I have been working on, the motor alone was over $10K, then add in all the bolt-ons, labor, tuning, exhaust, and transmission.

:crazy:

Well, I am in a real decision making bind.  I want to make the SS as awesome as possible and have a few options.

option 1:

Go with the supercharger and some bolt-ons (exhust, pulleys, fans) to create a great street legal truck for a cost of around $7,000.

option 2:

Go with SLP's advice and have the 6.0L worked over for a non-emmisions super bad ass truck for $7-$8,000 (including all tuning).  The motor will be well into the 500 HP range.  ...worried about the AWD system :nonod:   I also do not want an engine that lasts only 40,000 miles either.  They said 100,000 miles is easily within reach.  They claim very low 13's and possibly dip into the 12's with some weight reduction.

Go with the blower and bolt ons.. :thumbs:

SLP's :( advice will cost you more for less, imho

Getting a ~5400LB AWD truck into the 12's takes alot of power. No, They did not quote 500 to the wheels. They quoted flywheel for a tag around $8k. :nono: I would have to take care of the most freeflowing exhaust possible and a cold air induction kit. They want the R&D info and will take care of all tuning on their tab. The downfall is they get to beat the hell out of my truck.

Look at hte last post in this thread:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...t=ST&f=11&t=724

Only thing I'm missing on that list is the truck. I hope to remedy that very soon. I expect to see upper 13s on motor and mid 12s on the spray. Those items may cost you about $3000 total retail, less if you buy them used.

Archived