Ever see one of these?

04CHASE

It's called a Falcon UTE...

Ford Australia

click that link and watch the commercial...its hilarious :crackup:

it looks like their version of an SSR..and guess what guys? you can get it in turbo!! YAY!!  :sick:  :puke:

Yes, It is a Ford Falcon UTE. The UTE stands for Utility. Almost all trucks are called utes in Australia.

Holden (GM) makes one too.

One of the many times I wish I had my camera... I was minding my own business on Southfield rd. here in michigan, came to a stop light... (im in the middle lane) and on both sides of me... left lane a purpleish color right lane a bright red... two vehicles with the front end styling of the new GTO... but they were only two seat-ers... the rest of the vehicle was a truck bed.... sure enough, badging on the side read "El Camino - 5.7L" this had to of been a lil over a year or so ago... Havnt seen or heard anything of them since. Southfield rd. is a pretty popular place to spot out concept/cars ford and gm dont want you to see a whole lot of (can be spotted by their "way-off" paint jobs, and sometimes a full-body bra). It must have been about 2 years ago... maybe less i saw the new mustang drive by with a zeebra style paint job... as if they were fooling anybody, I tried to get a good view of it but the driver would not allow me to go the same speed or close enough at all to get a good view..... all this being the reason i got a camera phone this year!

IMO it looks a hell of a lot better than the SSR.......Sorry GM, but the SSR is just plan ugly, and dumb.......I would drive one of those over the SSR any day, but thats just my opinion

JK

yeah, but at least the SSR doesn't look like someone smoking dope said "hey dude, let's take a chainsaw and cut a Jag in half, and then weld on an old Ranger bed..."

Mr. P. :)

Archived