What the hell is this?

My predator tuner should clear that up. Would a 1/4 watt 4.7k or 8.2k ohm work also.I have all kinds and if it does not work its not a big deal.  :tear:

Not sure.... On my 3.4L GrandAm, the 4.7k was too much, the car just felt sluggish. I have a feeling it was going through gasoline knock from being too advanced and a lot of gasoline dumping in. The knock detector was probably kicking in.

At 3.3KOhms, it was just right. Felt great in town with avery slight push on the accelerator to get the car to move in traffic--no downshifting. When it was stock, the car would downshift in the same traffic.

Ok, that's a 3.4L V-6... Now a 300+ horsepower V-8 with a far more sophisticated air sampling sensor that has suddenly been altered is another story. Sure wouldnt' do it on mine.... :nono:

If you want to try it, it's easy to test out...

The hardest part is finding which wires off your MAF are for the IAT sensor.

What you would do, is remove the entire MAF and put it in an environment that's cooler than the ambient air... like your refridgerator or in front of the AC unit in your house or something. Read the resistance off of the IAT sensor, and plug that resistor in the place of the IAT.

I did it a while back on my '00 Blazer. It did nothing but make my engine bog at WOT.

Archived