Going for a set of heads

Well I have decided to stay N/A. I am getting a set of heads from TEA. Stage 1.5 2.02 intake valves and stock exhaust valves with a 68cc chamber. The compression should be around 10.8:1. I talked to Brent and he was a great help. He said that the stock exhaust valve flows better than the rest and will help make torque to get the heavy ass truck rolling.He even said that my cam would work great with these heads, so I am stoked.I am still thinking maybe alittle more cam though. I am going add a TB converter while I am at it. What do you guys think?

TEA is awesome! :thumbs: Brian and Brent both are pretty helpful. Brian is a little more up on some of the stuff. I would get them flowed and then pick your cam based on the high flow areas.

They seem like a really good bunch of guys. Ben I just don't reallly know how much bigger to go on the cam, I saw the new HotRod and a LS2 (6.0) made almost 500 hp with a 226/226 585/585 cam and a set of ported heads. I still think all that duration is going to hurt the low end.

That is pretty much what I am thinking, What about compression? I hear I might have to back the tune way off cause of all the compression? I can get 93 octane here in Jersey so I am not really worried about it. I hear 11.1:1 is really safe, I was going 10.8:1 just to be sure. Did you use studs on your heads or bolts?

My lift is 555/563 with the 1.8 rockers.

Well there might be a change of plans, M2 Race Systems might be the new selection. They are real close to me and did my oval track heads. They have been doing alot of LS1 style heads, I am going down there to talk to them tommorrow.They do alot of heads, drag and oval track.

Archived