2003 Silverado SS. 6 Speed

i think if it was a easy install it would be done by now by someone here. you would need a 6 spd. that would have to hold up to over 550 rwhp/rwtq with a 5300 lb. truck.

and you know these guys here will test it out smoking them all :driving::D

i can see it now, 5000 rpm. and dump the clutch :eek: ...boom... :tear:

:seeya:

:eek: I think i would beeable to run a camaro six speed, i will beef it up alot. and im sure i could make it work with the transfer case all it needs are addaptures to run the transfer case and the splines to line up. im sure i could make something.. im going to have to get some time and rilly look into it.. :flag:

A Camaro 6spd will not work. The tail shaft housing is part of the case and will not come off like the 4l65e. If you want a manual trans, the only that I know will bolt right in is a 5spd from a 1500 4wd. You will need to swap the comp and harness for a V8 5spd and have it programed. The 6spd from a 3500 4wd may work but will require liitle more modifing, and will hold up to the power. :thumbs:

I had this discussion about a year ago w/ my trans guys (walt built trans in oceanside)... they are, with the exception of zippy :thumbs:, the most knowlegeable guys I have ever known when it comes to tranny's.

The problems they said you would have to get past:

*mating a 6 speed to the transfer case

*finding a manual tranny that could handle the weight-vs-horsepower

*the electronics to go w/ it

*have a center console modded/built to get the shifter on the floor

*building in a clutch and other parts that could handle tq transfer to all the wheels on launch without breaking itself

After going over it they said you'd spend way more than its worth to get it done... and even then its not a sure thing that it would hold up. Estimating over $10k to do it right... I'll live w/ an automatic. :smash:

• 18 years later...