Headlight

brewz

Might be a stupid question, :confused: but here it goes, does the headlights somehow work off the clock? seems like they come on at the same time regarding how light it is outdoors. the sun is still out now 5-5:30pm, but my auto headlights turn on. :banghead: anything to reset? :dunno:

Might be a stupid question,  :confused:  but here it goes, does the headlights somehow work off the clock? seems like they come on at the same time regarding how light it is outdoors. the sun is still out now 5-5:30pm, but my auto headlights turn on.  :banghead: anything to reset? :dunno:

During the daytime, only the headlights come on as "daytime driving lamps". After dark the photo-sensor on top of your dashboard will turn on all of your exterior lights, including your instrument cluster.

Might be a stupid question,  :confused:  but here it goes, does the headlights somehow work off the clock? seems like they come on at the same time regarding how light it is outdoors. the sun is still out now 5-5:30pm, but my auto headlights turn on.  :banghead: anything to reset? :dunno:

During the daytime, only the headlights come on as "daytime driving lamps". After dark the photo-sensor on top of your dashboard will turn on all of your exterior lights, including your instrument cluster.

yeah, i know, but its not dark out and the headlights would come on.

I misunderstood you :D I thought you were mistaking your

daytime running lamps for your headlights. I would check your photo-sensor

and make sure that it isn't dirty or that there isn't anything

obstructing or shading it. I know that mine works strictly off of the photo-sensor.

My headlights will only come on during the daytime if it gets very cloudy outside or when I pull into the garage. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

What is that on your dash? I see a card in your Sig covering your sensor.

CD

cadowns, what you think is a card on brewz' dash is actually two stickers on the inside of his windshield. They larger yelow one is a state inspection sticker and the smaler green one to the left (as you look at it) is a personal property tax stamp. You see, in the lovely commonwealth of virginia, you have to pay a personal prperty tax on your vehicle every year :icon_bs: (it's based on the book value of your vehicle). That is, unless you're in the military and don't claim residence in VA, like yours truely! Haha, gotta love the Navy!!! :flag:

Hey brewz, where in VA Beach do you live man? I'm up in Norfolk by military hwy and VA beach blvd. There's someone in my complex that has a '03 black SSS that I've seen parked once in a while, but I don't know if they're a member of the site.

Archived