BBK throttle body

Hey all,

I was thinking of buying a bbk throttle body for my truck. I did some searches but couldn't find a lot of opinions about larger TB's. It worked pretty good on the dodges but thought i would see what you all think. BBK P/N 1757

Thanks!

Brad

i believe it was deemed worthless. its only 1mm larger than the stock throttle body i believe. some guys were thinking about fabbing the new ssr throttle body which is 90mm onto a SSS. i would spend your money on something else.

p&p is that the 90 mm tb?  Would a stock n/a motor be able to handle that much more air.  The intake velocity would drop way down i would think.

You ported your tb your self??

Brad

he was probly referring to port and polish your stocker. if i went to a 90mm i dont think i would waste time porting it cause its already huge. from my days of front driver import modding we would get questionable at best gains from p&p a tb. if your not careful and get too close to the throttle plate you can actualy f'up your trucks idle ability. i wouldnt recommend this unless youve got some mechanical ability.

On a side note if anyone is going to the SSR tb id love to know how it turns out. If someone would like to buy one and give me the dimensions I could even CNC machine out an adaptor for them. Of course Ill save the file and run a bunch of them unlike ImpoSStor with his exhaust tips. LOL anything to be one of kind, much props for that i guess..... :cool:

well i'm a toolmaker so porting isn't a problem.

But it sucks to port your own because you have to make the butterfly a certain size to keep your idle the same. You could go through 2 or 3 butterfly's before getting the right air flow. The dodge guys went through this with our trucks. The butterfly is actualy an oval with engineered clearance.

But will our motors handle a 90mm TB? Any one have one on a N/A motor??

Brad

well i'm a toolmaker so porting isn't a problem.

But it sucks to port your own because you have to make the butterfly a certain size to keep your idle the same.  You could go through 2 or 3 butterfly's before getting the right air flow.  The dodge guys went through this with our trucks.  The butterfly is actualy an oval with engineered clearance.

But will our motors handle a 90mm TB?  Any one have one on a N/A motor??

Brad

*cough* you could always be the first! *cough*

machinists OWN!

Archived