Rotor Question

SSplaytoy

My brakes are sqeaking bad :banghead: , I plan to change them tomorrow if I can because I am a bit concerned. About a half inch from the top of the outer edge of the rotor there are semi-deep lines "engraved" into my rotors. :eek:

Does this mean I need new rotors, or can I just put them up on the lathe and get new pads? I don't want to drive around too much if it's not good to brake on them in this condition. Is it? I downshift to slow down too, but don't want anything to happen to my tranny either.

Has this happened to anybody yet?

Hey SSplaytoy if you haven't fix your brakes yet, I recommend taking it to Maroone Chevy of W/Dade (826 and 87th ave). See Alex he is the service director and a close personal friend (he's cool has a sweet Silverado). Thats where i worked. Tell Tim sent you ( with the blue SS) he will hook you up and not screw ya. Hope this helps.

PM me if you have any Questions.

Rotors have specific tolerances when it comes to having them turned. If I were you, I would take them to an automotive machine shop and see if they are still within spec to be turned. If so, have them turned with some new pads and your good to go! Hopefully the scratches aren't that deep, good luck! :thumbs:

Late- Alex

Rotors have specific tolerances when it comes to having them turned. If I were you, I would take them to an automotive machine shop and see if they are still within spec to be turned. If so, have them turned with some new pads and your good to go! Hopefully the scratches aren't that deep, good luck!  :thumbs:

Late-  Alex

I was thinking the same thing.

Archived