fan removal

ssglass

for you guys that went to electric fans on a 03 ss, how did you get your mech fan off of the pulley? i know they make a tool for this, but its $80 . i was wondering if maybe there was another way?

A big cresent wrench and a few wacks to the left with a sledge hammer broke it lose for me!

for you guys that went to electric fans on a 03 ss, how did you get your mech fan off of the pulley? i know they make a tool for this, but its $80 . i was wondering if maybe there was another way?

A big cresent wrench and a few wacks to the left with a sledge hammer broke it lose for me!

Yeah that was fun, espeacially after we hit it the wrong way a few times but it wasnt the hardest thing to do

hell, i just used my manly strengthen, and it came right un done, no hammer nessisary, u guys should start eating those wheaties... :P

First time with Chase's truck we wern't sure if the threads were right hand or left hand, so we ended up making it tighter. When I did mine I didn't realise that it wasn't very tight to start with probably coulda just pushed on the wrench with a bit of force and gotten it lose! But either way it got the job done! :thumbs:

Archived