SS stereo syatem

Bowtie Boy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My opinion follows Jwest.

Hey Jwest, are you interested in going to the dB Drag world finals with us? Its a great time and seeing your background, I know you would love it! Good chance on getting into some popular car audio mags,...happens every year!

I love my sound system. Granted you can go spend $2000+ and get a better one but....

I went through the whole sound thing for awhile but I'm going to keep the stock Bose. It provides enough bass and clarity without being overwhelming. In my experience, big bass means rattles later on.

I love the bose system in these trucks, the base is awesome for a little hip hop and refined for some jazz (if i listened to that). I have a Memphis 12 inch sub-woofer in my other truck and some of the panels definately started rattlling, i'm not sure if that's from taking them off soo many times and installing wires in them or from the base frequency loosening them over time. The bose system could always use a litte more base but I'd rather invest my money in some horsepower :D .

The subwoofer and amp are located in the center console, towards the front.

:wtf: i had know idea it had a sub in the console.i've only had it for three months now :jester: i guess im too busy looking under the hood :D:thumbs:

have fun upgrading the head unit in the first place... damn security stuff makes you have to relocate the stock unit. as far as keeping the controls, there are systems that have them that you can mount so if they share common wires it may work.... no idea haven't tried it ever...

We just did the stereo in my buddy's S-10 and replaced the player in my truck for an MP3 capable one and i will tell you mine was a few wires and slid right in, his you had to use a relocator kit to mount the stock unit in the bed and then lay wires and slide in the new unit... take a guess which one took 40 minutes and which took 3 hours....

-Joe

Archived