MG kit

SSoCal

i know some people have talked about cutting or replacing bumpstops with the mcgaughys kit and others have said theres nothing needed. i called mcguaghys and asked what if anything else needed to be done and they said 'nothing'. so how many have had to do that? show of hands..

You dont have to, but it improves the ride in my opinion. Thats why i did it, its very simple to do both. For the amount of work to the amount of benefit, they should suggest it. I cut the front bumpstops down about an inch, and removed the plate that the rears were mounted too and then mounted them to the frame.

I didn't have to cut the bumpstops up front, but the rears were replaced with some shorter ones when I had the drop installed. It still hits when I have a full tank and go over a big bump. I plan on installing the stock ones, but cut down a bit. The stock ones are alot softer than the ones on there now.

Late- Alex

i had to cut mine. the truck was runnin on frame...was not fun driving...trust me i made it from MN to KS and back with it like that...

i cut the front ones a bit. then mounted the rear ones to the frame and cut them down. runs fine now. and make sure when you install that the shackles and hangers are mounted in the right holes...the shackle is 1" hole and hanger is 2" hole...with that i experienced no vibration...

i cut the front ones a bit. then mounted the rear ones to the frame and cut them down. runs fine now. and make sure when you install that the shackles and hangers are mounted in the right holes...the shackle is 1" hole and hanger is 2" hole...with that i experienced no vibration...

same here. :thumbs:

Archived