Lumbar has a mind of it's own

backinblack

All right, I know this is werid and may just be in my head but I swear that my lumbar support is inflating on it's own. As I am driving I will feel like the lumbar is too far inflated, so I let it out some and after a little while I'll feel it again. I can't actually feel it inflating I'll just start to feel like it's too far inflated. I even started letting it all the way out and counting hold long I held the button to inflate it. Doing that I can pretty much inflate it to the same position. But it will actually get bigger after a while. Anyone else ever heard of this happening... in any vehicle??? :dunno:

lum-bar (lum'buhr, -bär)  adj.

1.  of or pertaining to the loin or loins.

n.

2.  a lumbar vertebra, artery, or the like.

:jester:

Sometimes things pertaining to my loins inflate--seemingly with a mind of their own. But not usually when I'm driving.

Either way, I would not expect my situation to be covered by warranty.

Michael

The drivers seat in my old truck did the total opposite. I would have to keep pushing the button to inflate the air bladder thing in the seat, then within 15mins or so it would be down and I would have to infate it again. What a fun job that was.

All right, I know this is werid and may just be in my head but I swear that my lumbar support is inflating on it's own.  As I am driving I will feel like the lumbar is too far inflated, so I let it out some and after a little while I'll feel it again.  I can't actually feel it inflating I'll just start to feel like it's too far inflated.  I even started letting it all the way out and counting hold long I held the button to inflate it.  Doing that I can pretty much inflate it to the same position.  But it will actually get bigger after a while.  Anyone else ever heard of this happening... in any vehicle??? :dunno:

lumbar, mind of it's own? your lucky it's only that, my memory on the drivers side would creep closer every once in a while, in a week or so i was wondering why i felt so cramped up to the steering wheel, and my knees up to my chest,, thought i was going crazy, so i marked it and in 6 days it crept forward 4.5" did mention it to the dealer when i took it in for the cables and noisy tach motor, they said they wiped out the memory and i shouldn't have any more problems with it,, so far it's been consistent,, they wiped out both memory recall and exit positions

Archived