LS1 program

FalconPilot

I bought the program a year ago in March for my 99 silverado. Its a great program and I will have it updated for use on my SS. Carputing has an issue with the 03 models. You need to buy an extra PCM harness, pull out the PCM, plug it in to a battery, then upload your tune. The previous version worked with the PCM in the vehicle. GM changed something with the 03 PCM that causes the "in vehicle" tuning to stop functioning properly.

I'd only recommend this to someone who either wants full control to the PCM or plans on making some big changes to the truck. For the majority of people, the "canned" tunes in the Diablo, hypertech, supertuner, etc... will be more than adequate.

I'll be happy to give an update once I do an SS.

With my 99 silverado, I started out making small changes that I would have used my hypertech for. Tire size, shift points, rpm limiter, fuel curve, etc.. Then I added larger fuel injectors, custom tuned in a Whipple supercharger, adjusted idle for a cam install, removed SES lights, removed knock retard effects, reworked my timing tables, and stuff like that. Initial changes weren't that noticeable (except for shift changes), but the more advanced stuff I did really helped out. The advanced stuff was needed because I really started pouring on the mods to the truck and the PCM was getting out of whack.

I'll be happy to give an update once I do an SS.

With my 99 silverado, I started out making small changes that I would have used my hypertech for. Tire size, shift points, rpm limiter, fuel curve, etc.. Then I added larger fuel injectors, custom tuned in a Whipple supercharger, adjusted idle for a cam install, removed SES lights, removed knock retard effects, reworked my timing tables, and stuff like that. Initial changes weren't that noticeable (except for shift changes), but the more advanced stuff I did really helped out. The advanced stuff was needed because I really started pouring on the mods to the truck and the PCM was getting out of whack.

You lost me after the first few sentences. Sounds extremely technical; not something for your everyday off the shelf novice.

I equate it to my home computer. I will get in it and add things like RAM, hard drive, CD-RW, etc... all day long. But one thing I don't touch is the C-MOS, not without very specific instructions on what and how to do. Because I know if I screw that up, my computer isn't going to operate.

I would be horrified to mess with the operating parameters of my truck without something like a hypertech, diablo, etc...

Come here and do mine after you get done with yours :D

BenKey - It sounds like you shouldn't use LS1 Edit. :) You are correct, it is extremely technical and you have to know what and why you are making changes. It would be possible to make extremely adverse changes to the PCM. The user manual (a word document) is very poor. Customer service is questionable, no phone numbers for contacting them, just email correspondence.

I asked Ken in January if they had it released for the 03 escalade. He said it was in "beta" for all 03 trucks and it was not working properly when you try to tune it in the truck. I asked Ken last month the same question with the "SS" being the vehicle, his answer was a little different this time - "You'll need to buy a PCM harness to tune it on the bench". It sounds like they are stumped or haven't sold enough 03 trucks tunes to really care if it works properly or not. If hopeful that it will work in the vehicle sometime, but its a good enough product that I will pull the PCM out ewvery time I want to make a change. Fortunately, now that I know my way around it, I shouldn't have to pull it very often.

I asked Ken in January if they had it released for the 03 escalade. He said it was in "beta" for all 03 trucks and it was not working properly when you try to tune it in the truck. I asked Ken last month the same question with the "SS" being the vehicle, his answer was a little different this time - "You'll need to buy a PCM harness to tune it on the bench". It sounds like they are stumped or haven't sold enough 03 trucks tunes to really care if it works properly or not. If hopeful that it will work in the vehicle sometime, but its a good enough product that I will pull the PCM out ewvery time I want to make a change. Fortunately, now that I know my way around it, I shouldn't have to pull it very often.

yeah it is good enough to where id be willing to pull it everytime as well. I want to get it soon. Hopefully they will fix it and i will be able to do the tune from inside the truck so i can do the changes easier at the track.

Archived