1.8T and Acura TL-S races

infinus

My friends were all loving the setup Zippy and TJ have been helping me with on the truck and wanted to do some races. First they wanted me to race a guy who thought he could beat anything in is VW 1.8T. We went from a stop on the third honk, and wow, I can't even count that high to give you the number of car lengths. Next I went from a stop against an Acura TL-S that has some mods. I beat him handily from a stop, but next we went from a roll. From a roll I only had him by a couple car lengths. His third gear pulls like a raped ape. Still happy to win those all though, time for that 2.9 pulley.

i used to have a tls with headers intake pulleys and exhaust, it spanked my truck and from a start and go i got him but dont sleep on them, it is a highway beast

Yeah, thats what this guy had for the most part, headers, a tune (I think), exhaust.... sounds mean as hell and pulls like mad in third, but its not enough for him to start reeling me in with the radix. 0-50 I leave him, above that he hangs even with me.... much above that I'm sure he'd start to pull eventually...

with those tl first gear changes on its own after that you shift 2 and 3rd, 4th gear is when they lose power it takes forever to reach v-tech by then your bout 140 and you have to break it off, but that blows a supercharger cant blow the doors off of it,i guess ill never beat my old car, my friends keep doggin me bout how slow my truck is and another friend has a civic and he wants apiece of me to, does this mean ill lose to him to? :mad:

Well, I'm sure it'll be a whole different story here soon. Right now I'm only running a 3.3 pulley and it was warm out and my tune pulls a lot of timing when its warm. I'm having Zippy do a full wideband tune soon and he's going to put a lot of that timing back in as well as me moving to a 2.9 pulley. I'll try to race him again after that but I'm sure it'll be a very different story then.

Archived