first track day with my SS

shadowsniper3006

Well it's finaly here, Opening day at the track. I realy want to know if this truck is faster then my dodge was. I'm thinking it will be somewhere about 15.8's. Looks like the temp will be 40's-50's during the day, but might see high 30's in the morning. Any one trying diff. stall points for their launch? Depending on how many runs i get, i'd like to try a couple of runs with just enough rpm to load the drivetrain and then stall it as high as i can.

I'd like to beat 15.28 et. That was the best run with my dak. I had a 2.132 60' time and ran 85.66 mph at the end. What do you guys think? Any chance?

Brad

I'm actually running mine for the first time tonight up at Los Angeles County Raceway. Elevation is just under 3,000 and I'm hoping for 15.80's (uncorrected) myself. I found with playing with it, I can foot stall it at 2,100 and if I leave it in drive it has a 1/2 shift at 5,800 and the 2/3 shift is at 5,400. I'm going to manually shift it at 5,800 for both. I'm also going to make one run in drive with the same foot stall. If I have enough time tonight, I'm going to try both with a foot stall of 1,000RPM and let the converter flash to the 2,100 and see how that effects the 60 foot time. Last time I was at the track I ran a corrected 12.38 with a 1.68 60 foot time and 108 MPH Trap speed, but that was in my 68 RS SS Camaro with a built 402CID Big Block. So this will be a slightly different animal but at least it's an SS.

last time i was at the track i ran a 11.50 in my 76 nova. I hope i have time to mess around with things, but opening day brings up around 300 cars if weather is good.

I'm actually running mine for the first time tonight up at Los Angeles County Raceway.  Elevation is just under 3,000 and I'm hoping for 15.80's (uncorrected) myself.  I found with playing with it, I can foot stall it at 2,100 and if I leave it in drive it has a 1/2 shift at 5,800 and the 2/3 shift is at 5,400.  I'm going to manually shift it at 5,800 for both.  I'm also going to make one run in drive with the same foot stall.  If I have enough time tonight, I'm going to try both with a foot stall of 1,000RPM and let the converter flash to the 2,100 and see how that effects the 60 foot time.  Last time I was at the track I ran a corrected 12.38 with a 1.68 60 foot time and 108 MPH Trap speed, but that was in my 68 RS SS Camaro with a built 402CID Big Block.  So this will be a slightly different animal but at least it's an SS.

I think you should be right around that time. If your in WI you should be able to bust out a 15.2 or so on a nice launch. 40-50 weather can make a damn nice difference and can mean a few tenths if you get into details. I don't think you should have too hard of a prob getting a 15.28 in those conditions tho. What kinda dak did you use to have?

-Sam

01 Dak R/T

As Promised here are the results from last nights main event...

2.329 60 Foot

15.451 @ 88.370mph

This was Foot Stalling at 2100, leaving the truck in second, so It would auto shift from first to second at 5,800 and manually shift into third at 5,800.

The track was 58 Degrees and the wind was mild.

This track is almost 3,000 feet of elevation so I figure 4 thens for correction. 15 Flat, I'll take that.....

Now we can play with the mods....LOL :cheers:

well,

here it is

It was between 55 and 58 today. A little overcast with a medium head wind on all runs.

I launched from 1500-1700

15.24: truck was hot from the drive down and waiting in the tech line

15.064: Truck was at about 180 degrees

15.010: truck was cold from letting it sit

15.081: truck was warm.

That's a lot more then i thought it would be....so I'm Happy!

Now that i have my base times...let the mods begin.

CBX59RT: I had a 2000 dakota x-cab 4x4 4.7l.

Brad

Since then I have dropped the weight of the rear bumper and the spare. I have also installed a 40 series true dual flowmaster exhaust and a K & N Filter. My best time so far is a 14.91!!! Little mods can make a big difference!!! :chevy:

Since then I have dropped the weight of the rear bumper and the spare. I have also installed a 40 series true dual flowmaster exhaust and a K & N Filter.  My best time so far is a 14.91!!!  Little mods can make a big difference!!! :chevy:

I was not expecting it to run that well, but i'll take it. That was bone stock, now i have a volant CAI with air scoop on the way, as well as Stainless brake lines. A BBK throttle body, asp pulley's and PCM will be ordered soon.

Brad

Archived