Engine block light on

I got my moonroof installed yesterday and when I got it back, the engine block light was on. I'm sure it's nothing, but how do I go about getting it to go away?

Do I just unplug the battery?

TIA

Late- Alex

Just a quick check if nothing else was done to the truck but the sun roof? Did you get gas or possibly they got gas if you weren't there maybe they had to test drive the new roof! But seriously I have had that damn plastic loop holding the cap bind and couldn't tell it set the engine light.

Just a quick check if nothing else was done to the truck but the sun roof? Did you get gas or possibly they got gas if you weren't there maybe they had to test drive the new roof! But seriously I have had that damn plastic loop holding the cap bind and couldn't tell it set the engine light.

I just got rid of the stock cap for a locking one so there is no plastic loop anymore. It just might be the cap because I did see a message that said something about tightening the gas cap. I'll go to Autozone today after work to see if they can read the code.

Late- Alex

Don't clear the code before you take it to get it scanned. If autozone scans it, they can also clear it properly at the same time. Of course it may come back if you haven't fixed the fault yet. But you want the code showing when you get it checked.

Well I went to Autozone and got the code scanned. Exactly as it was on the scanner:

P0455- EVAP Emission control system leak (large)

Can anyone tell me what does this mean? Also, can it have anything to do with me changing out my gas cap. I just bought one for the SSS with a lock and it doesn't seem like it fits like the stock one.

TIA

Late- Alex

Well I went to Autozone and got the code scanned. Exactly as it was on the scanner:

P0455- EVAP Emission control system leak (large)

Can anyone tell me what does this mean? Also, can it have anything to do with me changing out my gas cap. I just bought one for the SSS with a lock and it doesn't seem like it fits like the stock one.

TIA

Late-  Alex

Yup thats your problem I got the same code when I had the plastic ring get stuck under the cap.

Archived