Lowered my reg cab Z71

qwank

That's exactly what I want to do to my 04 Z71! Do you have the part numbers for the keys, and the shackles? How far did you turn the bolts on the bars? Did you get the front end aligned? There's some good specs in the last 2 issues of GMHTP.

Man! That looks good! I'll be getting the 2wd u bolts thos weekend, and taking out the lift blocks.

by specs do you mean custom alignment specs? if so is there a link where i can get them. i havnt aligned it since the drop, sometimes the torsions settle after a few days so i'm waiting a week. i should have time to do it saturday. last time i alighed it i used 2003 silverado SS specs. seemed to handle better then with the standard silverado specs. i don't know the part numbers of the keys or shackles since i bought them used. but they worked great. i didnt pay attention to how foar i turned the bolts, but when i measured from the ground to the fender well in the front, its 33" exactly 3" lower than stock. the rear sits at 35 1/2", stock was 39 1/2". still might do another 2 in the rear though. if i can find hangers cheap enough i will do it, but for now its back to go fast mods.

The specs they used in the April 05 GMHTP article were for a 03 Silverado SS, so you got thev right specs. They also used a set of DJM shackles #SH-2599-2, and Bilstein shocks #BES-6081-HO, and BES-6082. I'm going to do the blocks this weekend, and maybe order the shackles and shocks this week. Any change in ride quality?

well, i aligned it yesterday and i couldnt get the left side camber within spec. its about -0.3* out. the right side just made it but all the the alignment cams are bottomed out. there happened to be a SS in the shop yesterday so i measeued the fender hieght to compare to my truck. i am 2" lower in the front and 1" lower in the rear compared to a stock ss. i did use 2003 SS specs, so i can't understand why i couldnt reach spec because there are a few SS's that i know of using drop keys and i havnt heard of one havning a problem. only thing i can think of is that the SS has different alignment cams then the regular silverados, allowing them to be dropped a little lower. after i finished i should have checked the my truck against the 99 z71 specs while it was still on the rack so see if it was within those but i never thought of it. so it looks like i'll be buying drop spindles in the future .

• 3 weeks later...

Archived