Waiting out the order!

MUFDVR

I am new to the forum and ordered a new red 55. I can't wait! I work at a Chevrolet store and finally gave in. The were scheduled to build it today. I lost a thousand dollars in rebate from last month but oh well. Is there a quick easy motor mod that I can do? Also does the Corsa add any performance to the truck? It seems to me it's just for more noise.

welcome , the corsa will add some performance but not enough to notice , i suggest a pcm or (Zippy)shift kit they are something that will make driving the ss more fun

How much? Also any idea what kind of install time? Maybe I should just chance the muffler to add some more noise? Any idea's? I just want to make it sound like a V8. Thanks for the info. The truck should be in this week. We get suck a deal it makes this truck even better.

Well it looks like I made a little bit of a Typo there.Oh well. The gms is about 10k off on this truck with current rebates. Of course I will trade my 2004 Xcab Z71 in, and appraise my own vehicle, that helps. We get an awesome deal no doubt! My wife has a Trailblazer that about a year ago we got about 11k off with the rebates at the time. I couldn't buy an 2004 for the same money as this 2005. One with under 10k, super clean.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going nuts! My SS has still not arrived! I had an in transit invoice on the 14th and it's still in Albany NY sitting in the railyard. I is driving me crazy! Ever time I hear a truck outside my office I run outside just to be disapointed. It's a big joke at the dealership that it fell off the car carrier. I hope to hell not. I just wanted to vent a little. You guys can level with me, some people would just not understand.

That sucks...if it makes you feel any better, I had a HORRIBLE day today. I had a deal on a brand new Black loaded '05 SSS go sour on me b/c the dealership tried to rape me on the financing and then I just broke up with my girlfriend of over a year...talk about a sh**ty day!!!

What were they trying to pull?

Told me $37800 out the door after rebates, then said the best financing option they could offer me was $650 a month for 72 months with $1000, which equates to a final price of $47800 for the truck. I walked out EXTREMELY pissed off, because it was my so-called "buddy" at this dealership trying to screw me. They wouldn't even show me the finance rate, I was just presented a sheet with the numbers I just mentioned and a space to sign. No finance rate on it, no name of the lender I was gonna be getting the loan thru....pretty shady if you ask me....

Oh, and this was on a brand new Black '05 loaded w/sunroof $44,020 MSRP that had just been delivered to the dealership two days before and still had the protective packaging on it, even the little foam blocks they stick o the doors to keep them from getting dented! It was one SWEET truck, but not for the deal they offered....my search continues....

Not yet, I'm gonna try giving them a ring after work tomorow, I've just ben really busy this weekend. I only stopped back in at the local chevy dealership b/c I knew they had just got this truck in and I wanted to give them one last chance to make me a great offer since it was the last day of the month and I thought they'd be willing to deal. Guess I was wrong!

Archived