New Volant Intake Dyno

DanY

Did anyone see Two Guys Garage this week.

They put a new style Volant CAI on a 2002 6.0L

Silverado. I think it must have been the 325HP

version (can't remember the engine code for this

one) since the LQ9 wasn't in until the 2003 SS.

They claimed to have gained 24HP on the dyno after

the install.

They also claimed another 20ish HP using a power

programmer setup for regular octane gas. I think

the programmer was from Hyperchip.

at the crank maybe  :driving:  so i'd like to see you eat it dylan, in fact eat anything!!  I saw that pic of your tatoos and im surprised they dont slip off  :jester:

LOL! :crackup:

Trust me... I eat like a 400lb fat chick at a bake sale... but just don't gain weight.

As a matter of fact I actually had to take weight gainer to try and keep weight on in HS when I was playing basketball, running track, etc.

I've always been a skinny bastard and I probably always will be. :dunno:

i just put my volant on last night. I would've had the ram air scoop to....but....i kinda ordered the one for the 1500 chevy not the SS, so that will be fixed in about a week.

But i would say no way it makes that much HP. All it is is a box with a cone filter. It gathers air from the same spot the stock air box does, and does not have a nice seal around the fender like the stock one does. I mean it's cool, besides the mounting hole that did not line up and the over all bad molding job(I'm a injection molding tool maker, so it's all bad if's not from my shop! LOL). Other then the box, the tube is much more direct flowing then the stock one, but does not have the capicity to hold all the extra air that the stock one does either. So under a hard hit of the throttle the stock intake has air held in it for the large rush(yes it would be hotter air). But like i said the volant has no interuptions in the air flow so it would flow better i would think.

I have pics of both if anyone wants to see them.

Brad

Don't people realize that companies pay THOUSANDS to have their product shown on that show AND in magazines. When you pay big $$$$ you get big #'s.

I also noticed that the recent Mag (w/in the last year) all dyno's that they show for their articles are the companies provided charts. The information the write like the Mag did it, then they neglect to tell you that they are not the one that really dyno'd the product. (I met a Mag guy this weekend, he also told me about the TV programs. I'm keepin in touch with this guy)

You can pay to make believe power or you can actually make a product that makes power. It is kinda scary seeing how everyone goes off of what the articles say. I know I did up until this weekend.

Archived