I'm so HAPPY!!!

Wicked_SS

I finally got my truck back! :D:thumbs::cheers:

But now I have a whole new set of issues. :cry::tear::uhoh::ughdance::sigh:

I got about half a mile from the shop and my abs light and my brake light came on. So I took it back, they fixed it...got almost back to work and it came on AGAIN. So the fiancee took it back and they fixed it AGAIN. So we went out to eat, and on the way home my oil light, my check engine light and the little light with the car and the key (anti-theft light?) came on and my oil gauge, gas gauge, battery gauge and temp gauge all dropped to zero. About 45 seconds later they went off and my gauges came back up to normal. I noticed it seems to only happen when it gets dark enough for my lights to come on. And oh yeah, my turn signals and my airbag light flash on and off. I have no engine problems at all, it runs better now than it did before...but I swear, if it's not one thing it's another. They said I probably need a new computer....I'm starting to think I should have just had them declare it a complete loss. :cry:

It should have been a complete loss. Once a vehicle has been submerged in water there is no making it right with out exceeding what the vehicle is worth. I think you will be very lucky if they replace the PCM and everything is fine but I highly dought that if the truck is running fine that pretty much says there is nothing wrong with the PCM unless it's the body controll module, but if the water got to that then I would say every major electronic component should need to be replaced to make it right.

Good Luck

See that's what I figured, that if I truly had a computer problem my truck wouldn't even start. Maybe it could just be a short somewhere??? Even when the lights are coming on there is no difference in the way it runs. This is going way past my knowledge of what I know about our trucks. Everything works, it's just those stupid freakin lights. And I dunno, I just know that I can't wait for the day when I can post something POSITIVE on here. I'm frustrated, pissed, and almost to the point where I don't care.

See that's what I figured, that if I truly had a computer problem my truck wouldn't even start.  Maybe it could just be a short somewhere???  Even when the lights are coming on there is no difference in the way it runs.  This is going way past my knowledge of what I know about our trucks.  Everything works, it's just those stupid freakin lights.  And I dunno, I just know that I can't wait for the day when I can post something POSITIVE on here.  I'm frustrated, pissed, and almost to the point where I don't care.

there is more than one "computer" the PCM controlls the engine/trans functions.

The body controll module controlls pretty much all other electronic functions, it is located just under the dash on the drivers side. since it is locatd inside the vehicle it is probably not sealed like the PCM is. Check out my trans thread if ya havn't read it already I feel your pain!

when your lights are sporatically going off and on like that, it usually means aliens are about to abduct you :D

That's gotta stink, nothing frustrates me more than not being able to drive my truck. Rental cars make me crazy.

maybe check the ground and see if it's rusting up.

Archived