New track times

shadowsniper3006

So i got my volant installed and my pcmforless pcm and went down to the track to see how she worked out. Temp was 69-70 degrees, with a mild side wind.

1st run

truck was hot, right off the highway and not using the "new" towhaul program.

60' 2.220

1/8 9.498

1/4 14.760

2nd run

truck was off long enough to cool but heated up from stagging. Used new tow haul program

60' 2.141

1/8 9.322

1/4 14.542

3rd run

same as 2nd

60' 2.164

1/8 9.371

1/4 14.599

i launched at 1500 for all runs

so with the pcm and volant a dropped 5 tenths off my ET. I still have the asp pulley's, the ram air scoop, the BBK TB and the t-stat to put in. I'm hoping for 14.3's with those added.

Brad

Nice run, it will be good to see those upgrades and what time you pull!!

Thanks!

I hope i can hold off with them long enough to do one at a time and then post the results so everyone has an idea of what mod yields what gain.

right now i'm thinking, no gain with ram air scoop, 1 tenth with TB and 2 tenths with pulleys, but well find out.

Brad

I did the same thing you are doing (do a search for my times). I posted my times with just about every bolt-on you can think of short of heads. Your times are very good for the mods you have. It took me a cam swap and a converter to break into the 13's N/A.

I'll bet a set of red engine covers will put you into the 13's for sure :D Just kidding. :P

Keep us posted on your new times!

I did the same thing you are doing (do a search for my times).  I posted my times with just about every bolt-on you can think of short of heads.  Your times are very good for the mods you have.  It took me a cam swap and a converter to break into the 13's N/A.

I'll bet a set of red engine covers will put you into the 13's for sure  :D  Just kidding.  :P

Do the engine cover have speed holes in them..for um..um better heat transfer!

Thanks! After looking at your history i guess the times are pretty good, i sure didn't think it would do that, but it ran 14.5's in a row so i guess i have to believe it. I actually ran a 4.2 with my dakota one day.....yep thats what i said 4.2. A bunny decided to cross the finish line for me.

Did you ever see what the asp pulleys would do. On my dak it took off 3 tenths. And the tb took off another tenth. So i was hoping to see 14.3-14.2 with those mods, but maybe i'm expecting a little much?

Brad

I did the same thing you are doing (do a search for my times).  I posted my times with just about every bolt-on you can think of short of heads.  Your times are very good for the mods you have.  It took me a cam swap and a converter to break into the 13's N/A.

I'll bet a set of red engine covers will put you into the 13's for sure   :D   Just kidding.   :P

Thanks! After looking at your history i guess the times are pretty good, i sure didn't think it would do that, but it ran 14.5's in a row so i guess i have to believe it. I actually ran a 4.2 with my dakota one day.....yep thats what i said 4.2. A bunny decided to cross the finish line for me.

Did you ever see what the asp pulleys would do. On my dak it took off 3 tenths. And the tb took off another tenth. So i was hoping to see 14.3-14.2 with those mods, but maybe i'm expecting a little much?

Brad

I think you are expecting a little too much... ASP is probably worth .1 and TB negligable.

I'll bet a set of red engine covers will put you into the 13's for sure   :D   Just kidding.   :P

Brad

I think you are expecting a little too much... ASP is probably worth .1 and TB negligable.

I hope not! I got great results from my dodge...I'm just hoping it transfers over to this one, but i have a feeling your right.

Brad

Brad

Have you tried either? I was hoping someone has tried them and checked the et drop of them.

Brad

383SS: I answered my own question. I looked up your mod list on the track times. Did you test out the TB and underdrive pulley to see what kind of gains each provided? Also what TB do you have? Or did you do a home porting? What about the cam, what kind of ET drop did you get with that?

Thanks Man!

Brad

Archived