El Camino!!

StealthSS

Can't wait-Ive been dying for GM to do this :) I'll order one as soon as they are announced. There will be an SS, and will have an LS2 of course. I know they make a 4-door, but I dont know if that one will make it here.

VZ_ute_s_011.jpg

hsv-z-series-4-big.jpg

Anyone else want one?

I'll take one if they can tow at least 4000# and come with either AWD or 4WD. {northeast winters} They don't look like they can tow sh*t. I'll probably stick with a real truck. They do look kinda nice though.

Since they also sell it as cab-only, its reasonable to think they will make it able to tow and haul as much as a wagon-based truck (a la El Camino). It is already on sale through Holden, HSV, and CSV. And with LS2 and LS7 Im sure we will see numbers north of 400hp. There is an awd version of Monaro/GTO already on sale, called HSV Coupe 4, so awd will fit the platform. As of now most still have LS1, but LS2 is already in production as well.

I rented a Holden VZ Calais in Oz-it felt more like a BMW 5-series than a Chevy. It was a great car, and a better idea of this line of car than the GTO we get. The highest power Holdens are 4-door cars. I think the 4-door is better put together and is a stronger body structure.

This new El Camino, if they let us have it, I know its not a truck-but geez, if you had to have a new car... :)

I say dump the SSR and get this thing into production asap with a supercharged LS2.

The first one out will be the SS. It looks like LS2 and awd will be a part of the package. The GTO will be going away, so they are going to try their luck with this one. The Commodore platforms are sweet-whether you like the looks or not--and I remember a really cool red and white ElC'o we had when I was a kid.

Im glad I got so spanked by this topic :) Maybe I will be the first one here with a 2006 1/2 El Camino SS.

I do like it, and I do want it...

Archived