Belltech 2" Shackle Dropd

IBCNYA

Hey guys and gals (I cant forget the ladies) - Its been a while since ive been here. That happens when you dont do much modin n stuff through a long winter in Alaska. Summer is nearly here and the truck is KICKING. Ok on to my post..Good to see you all btw..

Last summer I dropped the IBCNYA SS w/ the 2" Bell shackle drop and the torsion roll in the front. Im not to happy about this. The handling has changed somewhat. Now the ass really dips when im on it in grooves n such. I dont hit stops (those were cut down a bit) but its just to bouncy in the ass. I was wondering what I should do to offset this. Anything from mcgauhe (sp) or hotchicks fix this? Should I just order something different and replace the shackles w/ the new parts? Im also afraid to pull much weight because I dont want this truck sitting on its butt.

Looking for some ideas for those who have lowered the SS's. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks

TJ

Swar-bars won't help with the bounce, only the body roll. If you didn't replace shocks, I would start there. You lowwered the truck but kept the same travel with the shock, which would give you "bounce".. Shorter shocks will change the ride back to almost a stock/sport feel.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys and gals (I cant forget the ladies) - Its been a while since ive been here. That happens when you dont do much modin n stuff through a long winter in Alaska. Summer is nearly here and the truck is KICKING. Ok on to my post..Good to see you all btw..

Last summer I dropped the IBCNYA SS w/ the 2" Bell shackle drop and the torsion roll in the front. Im not to happy about this. The handling has changed somewhat. Now the ass really dips when im on it in grooves n such. I dont hit stops (those were cut down a bit) but its just to bouncy in the ass. I was wondering what I should do to offset this. Anything from mcgauhe (sp) or hotchicks fix this? Should I just order something different and replace the shackles w/ the new parts? Im also afraid to pull much weight because I dont want this truck sitting on its butt.

Looking for some ideas for those who have lowered the SS's. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks

TJ

ive been signed up for a while just havent put my 04 on display yet. but i bought the ground force shackles, rear and front shocks, and front lowering keys . i like it , it is a definate difference.  when i got the kit ,the instructions said for the rear to flip your main leaf spring over ,that i did not like.i flipped back, cause i tow a small trailer for my business.thge kit was a little over 400$ it included :f+r shocks , front lowering keys , rear shackles 2" mind you, shock boots, rear leaf spring spacers round. and the shackle bushings . everything you need to lower it two inches . ill post pics soon.hope i was of help! 

MYSKSS

Archived