My thread on lowering...

ACDenali

Figured I might as well ask a few questions. I have gotten some answers here and there from other threads but I still had a few...

I have a 2002 GMC Sierra Denali...same basic setup as you SS guys but a few differences.

I am wanting to lower the truck using the McGaughy drop spindles up front. Can I use SS rear shackes and remove the rear lift blocks to get a 4 inch drop in the rear? I have heard this discussed on other forums and I was just curious...

Also, I have heard things mentioned about the front half shafts up front. I was told you can use the t-bars to ensure a good level drop by adjusting them, but that you can run into issues with the half shafts up front.

Finally, the rear pinion angle......is it easy to screw up the geometry in the rear of these trucks by dropping? I could always just use the SS rear shackles and have just a 2 inch drop back there I suppose...

Is the Belltech kit going to include shackles and spindles? Sorry for all the questions but anyone willing to chime in, will be greatly appreciated.

Ok first I don't belive the shackles are going to be any different on the SS as your truck it's all in the lift block you have remove those and they probably have a slight angle to them correcting for pinion angle. If you use lowering shackles you will need some degree shims I dropped my SS 2" in the rear and used a 4* shim to correct the pinion. As for the front it should be real similar but your truck looks pretty high i'm not sure how low you wanna go but there are many ways to go about it if you were to drop it an inch or so I would just turn the keys down. 2" i'd use lowering keys, more than that it depends on how much drop you can get from the spindle you buy let's say 3" spindle.

Remove the 4" block in the rear + 3" spindle youd be level to go lower than that I'd add shackles and keys with the spindles.

Archived