Mcgaughys deluxe kit with 24" wheels

Hey I just got my 24" Giovanna Gellos for my ss, I also ordered the Mcgaughys 2"-4" deluxe kit last week. After looking at the wheels next to the truck I dont know if the drop kit will work, I was wondering if any of you have done this combo or know of anyone who has? It would sure save me alot of trouble. By the way my tire size is 305/35/24.

I think you are goin to have some rubbing issues, let alone not so good of a ride with 24"s. Member Elite Auto Toyz had 24's so possibly PM him and see if he had the drop also and get more specs from him. His set up looked bad ass, but I know he switched to a smaller rim recently.

I have seen first hand that an SS truck with 22's on 305/45/22 rubber an the McG kit will rub slightly in the front when turning and will smack the inner fender wells on hard bumps. Its not bad, really slight, but on 24's its going to be a much bigger concern.

Is there anyway I can trim some of the front fender liner or will it rub in the rear also???

Pop out the fender lining, and bend back some of the metal behind there...then drill a hole in one of the "tabs" that sits back there. Use a zip tie and then zip tie the fender liner tight against the firewall. Theres not much you can do up front...probably go about it the same...on the driverside the windshield washer fluid tank is there. You will probably rub up top of the wheel wells in front when you hit highway dips and such. You could bend that in too. I had to do all that and now no rubbing!! But ive only got 23's...but the tires are 305.40.23's so theyre a bit bigger than stock height.

Thanks alot guys for all of the help. The dropkit came in today I was really happy to see that the rear is adjustable that will help out alot. I will probably look into tweaking some things in the front wheel well. I have a appointment Friday to get the steering rattle looked at I should probably wait to drop the truck so the dealer doesnt give me any crap, ill be sure to post some pics when its all done though..

Thanks again,

Kep

I got the kit directly from Mcgaughys. I put the rear on last night at work, had it setup for a 3" in the rear and the damn axle was sitting on the bump stop. I had to remove the shackle to go to a 2" in the rear, drove the thing home with the stock wheels, and I really dont see how you guys are running this kit it bottoms so easily. The directions told me to cut the bumpstop so I followed them. Tonight I am giong to remove the bump stop bracket like most of you are doing to see if that helps. As of right now I am really dissapointed in this kit. I havent done the front yet I am going to try tonight but is looks like I am giong to run into alot of trouble on the drivers side. Hopefully Ill be able to work this out, if not I got to try to return or sell the kit. But I must say that the truck looked really sick with the 24s on the rear with it lowered.

I had the exact same problems with my truck after it was lowered and that was with the stock wheels. Turned out, I had the shackles and hangers set up wrong, too much of a drop. I fixed it and it not only looked better, but it rode better. Removing the bumpstop bracket will get rid of alot of the bottoming out issues you have. Also, as the gas tank gets lighter, you'll notice it doesn't bottom out as much. I don't think anything you do will completely remove the bottoming out, especially with 24's on it. Depending on your wheels, you might also have some rubbing issues in the rear.

As of right now, I have mine set up with the leave springs installed in the lowest holes to the ground on both the shackles and hangers. Mike @ McGaughy's told me that kit was tested with the springs installed in the upper hole in the shackle and the lower hole on the hanger. I believe that set up also corrects any pinion angle problems.

22's + McGaughy's kit= :cool:

Late- Alex

Alex... i learned from your mistakes. :jester: (or was it Trojans? :uhoh: )

My baby is up on the lift at their shop right now getting lowered...

22's + McGaughy's kit= :D:driving::cool:

sometimes 22's + McGaughy's kit= :ughdance: but only on big bumps :jester:

Archived