Amps

Vandy

I dont really know what the difference in amps in like two way, mono ect.. and all i want it to handle is two 12 in subs/

two way amps can be used on subs, but are generally made for stereo speakers. a mono amp is a subwoofer amp, if you wire it right you can hook up multiple subs to the same amp. BUT first you need to let us know EXACTLY which subs you are using. some subs have single voice coils and dual voice coils, then the voice coils can be rated at different ohms(2,4,8) get me a model number on the subs and Ill make a few suggestions for you.

You can use any amp that is 4 ohm stable or 1 ohm stable and make sure that the amp is pushing enough power.

If you have one sub on one amp that makes 1000 watts of power,, the sub will see the 1000 watts of power

but if you have 2 subs and 1000 watts of power, then each subs will get 500 watts of power.

Use this in determining the power you need and then go from there. also, find out ahead of time if you are porting the subs or putting them in sealed enclosure. Some subs can't take as much power when they are not in a sealed enclosure.

The phoenix Zenon amp that pushes 1000 watts would be a good pick for these amps

So would the JL 1000 watt mono as well as the Extant 1000 watt and the Crossfire 1000 watt. and the Kicker 1000 watt mono amp.

they all can take a 1 ohm load and play it with lots of power!!

Stay away from Sony, Jensin, Pioneer, Bestbuy fosgate, lightning audio, Kenwood, blaupunkt etc. get something good, you will appreciate it!!!

Stay away from Sony, Jensin, Pioneer, Bestbuy fosgate, lightning audio, Kenwood, blaupunkt etc.  get something good,  you will appreciate it!!!

Why Fosgate? I understand why the rest.

P.S. Hows it coming with the box?

I dont know if he ment Rockford Fosgate cause he typed Bestbuy fosgate. I have had quite a few Rockford Fosgate amps (punch 45, punch 75, and Power 500 and all were very good and had no problems at all

Fosgate for 1 or 2 years in the early 2000's made some cheep run amps for best buy stores only. I belive they were made in 2001 and 2002 and they were real crappy amps. the new fosgates and the older ones are great amps.

UPS is not doing anything with the box!!!! it is just screwed either way,,

Fosgate for 1 or 2 years in the early 2000's made some cheep run amps for best buy stores only. I belive they were made in 2001 and 2002 and they were real crappy amps.  the new fosgates and the older ones are great amps.

:withstupid:

i dont know if you can get anything good at best buy for your truck/car. I think all there stuff in car audio is low end. At least at circuit city/good guys you get some of the higher end amps/sub.

Fosgate for 1 or 2 years in the early 2000's made some cheep run amps for best buy stores only. I belive they were made in 2001 and 2002 and they were real crappy amps.  the new fosgates and the older ones are great amps.

UPS is not doing anything with the box!!!!  it is just screwed either way,,

Yeah I figured you were talking about that.

They have to do something! Did your guy insure it?

Archived