Sidewinder Step Installed on the SS

shopman1

:cool: I have been looking at how and if the Sidewinder retractable step would work on the SS. I was finaly told that it would. I think the worst part of the installation is making sure you put it where you are going to step on it to get in. It opens and closes very fast and is very quiet.

Sidewinder1.JPG

Sidewinder2.JPG

Looks nice. So how does it help with stepping out of the truck? Is it an intuitive step or awkward? I was looking at one of those, but it seemed to only offer a few inches higher step than the ground.

:chevy: dcairns & SinisterSS - I did the install, it's not bad, you need to move some of the wire harnesses on the frame. I wired it directly into that red battery terminal next to the engine. One biggie if you do the install, the door switch must go about an inch under the door lower hinge. It gives you 6" off the ground, this is good for me. You need to take a look when getting out to make sure you hit it to be honest however it's worth it, I was concerned about sliding off the seat before. It cost $195. I ordered it from www.americastruckcenter.com in Atlanta. Good people. I also worked with Kodiak people as well, they were helpful and wanted a follow up as to how it went. For some reason Kodiak charges much more money when you try to order from them, you need to go to a retailer. :thumbs:

Archived