Z71 to SS

SS_man_62

Bought a new '02 Z71 LT in September 2001 and had no complaints except for the cheesy Firestones that came on it. Test drove a SS a month ago and instantly fell in love. The superior handling and power sent me over the edge. No low range? I can live with that. :cool:

How many times did someone stop and stare at my Z71 at an intersection or come up and talk to me in a parking lot or getting gas? Zero. Everyone has a Z71. With the SS, I know how Richard Petty feels. :cheers:

Supercharger: $6,000

Silverado Z71: $30,000

Silverado SS: $36,000

Stop and stare factor: Priceless

I traded my 99 Z71 in last week for an SS. I love this truck. I look for excuses to take a drive. When I take my tahoe to work, I miss the SS. The Bose stereo is lightyears ahead of my Z71s Delco unit. It rides better, the interior is quieter, the motor is stronger, and that "priceless" factor is great.

I too went from a '99 Z71 to the SS. However, the amount offered for trade-in was laughable, so I traded a Glock to a fellow with a car lot to sell it for me. Gained 2200 bucks doing it this way.

And I agree with all the sentiments concerning the SS. I loved my Z71, but its exclusivity is nonexistent.

How many of you guys traded your Z71 in for a new SS? Was it the right choice? Do you find that the SS can do everything a Z71 can do and more?

Traded a 02 reg cab Z71 in on an SS............to me, no question it was the RIGHT thing to do, and I really liked the Z71, but it is nowhere close to the SS :cheers:

Archived