SOOOOO SHINEY!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty easy stuff to use ... gets a little tideous running through all three processes but it seems to do the job. Beings I have a 2004 and it sits in the garage 5 days a week my paint was still pretty glossy but the "touch test" was the big seller. It feels like satin after you have completed the shiney process. I ended up putting about 5 coats on the hood and roof just for added protection and you can definately tell a difference between those two and the rest of the truck ... I think I will like this wax more and more each time i put another coat on.

I really love the "shiny" product ... that is pretty easy to use and looks great.

The only bad part is the packaging ... like you stated not being air tight and the plastic is pretty weak. I was waxing the roof and the bottle slipped off the bed rail and hit the ground and broke the top off, spilling the real stuff all over. But that is my fault not theirs.

Overall I really like the final product and I can't wait to see how it weathers. Thanks for the recommendation Dylan!

Your ride looks great ,how functional are the tail lights being blacked out, i think i read something somewhere but didnt remember how bright they are ?

Well I took the SS out 4wheeling (with quads) yesterday afternoon. Parked the truck and took off with the quads ... come back and lucky me .... someone pegged the pass. side with ORANGE paintballs. Took her home and wiped off the gunk ... threw a little Mr. Clean's carwash on there and washed it up. When the truck was sprayed with water I noticed the part I washed no longer held "beaded" up water .... it just sheeted off ... considering I just was turning wrenches right before this incident I figured I probably had some oils left on my hands and that was causing the wierd sheeting (not beading).

So I broke out the detailing kit and stripped, polished, and shiny'd up the side of the truck again and we are back to normal.

Dylan ... does this stuff lose the 'bead ability' that quickly or do you think it was just from my hands?

Stayed glossy though!

I'm guessing the oil was on top of the wax and wasn't conducive to 'beading up' ... now I am trying to figure out if I screwed up by cleaning it up and redoing the wax ... hope i didn't trap that oil inbetween two layers of wax? oh well doesn't matter now :D

Rock on .... this stuff sure makes it easier to wash the truck ... so that is always a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any long-term effects to using a product like this? Can the paint still "breathe"? I've always used carnuba-type waxes on my cars. I have used stuff like "Poly-Glow" on old boats, but the gelcoat was already shot so I wasn't worried about long-term.

-Jeff

Are there any long-term effects to using a product like this?  Can the paint still "breathe"?  I've always used carnuba-type waxes on my cars. I have used stuff like "Poly-Glow" on old boats, but the gelcoat was already shot so I wasn't worried about long-term.

-Jeff

Because this treatment is such an effective seal I usually recommend people wait about 3-6 months before starting to use this. New paint, as Im sure you know, lets off chemicals (not sure technically what it is) and so these can escape I'd use a carnuba/silicone wax for the first couple of months... then strip it and start the DER STUFF process. :thumbs:

big o, do the fronts as well :)

that would look sweet!

I might get an extra set of lights so if it is toooo much black I can go back to stock. Still thinking about it ... luckily I am broke so it makes it easy to sit back and think rather than buy buy buy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived