SRT-10 Quad Cab

Dylan06SS

Oh and judging by who I know personally that own SRT-10's, I highly doubt they knew how nasty a SSS can get, he just prob thought why waste the 8mpg on racing a Silverado. Seems like they have that mentality for sure.. It's got a Viper motor.. it can beat anything!...

-Sam

He sure was wasting the 8 mpg weaving in and out of traffic and racing everyone else on the road before DVK threw a rev at him from alongside. Then, all of a sudden he slows down? Sounds to me like he was a bit shook by the challenge... :yellow_loser:

As you yourself said, like the SRT-4 owners, he probably only likes racing from a roll...or starting from ahead in an open lane. ;)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh and judging by who I know personally that own SRT-10's, I highly doubt they knew how nasty a SSS can get, he just prob thought why waste the 8mpg on racing a Silverado. Seems like they have that mentality for sure.. It's got a Viper motor.. it can beat anything!...

-Sam

He sure was wasting the 8 mpg weaving in and out of traffic and racing everyone else on the road before DVK threw a rev at him from alongside. Then, all of a sudden he slows down? Sounds to me like he was a bit shook by the challenge... :yellow_loser:

As you yourself said, like the SRT-4 owners, he probably only likes racing from a roll...or starting from ahead in an open lane. ;)

Yeh Im sure he pondered wtf that Silverado next to him had that made it want a piece. We all know what he is packin, but he prob doesn't know everything else out on the road Heh. I've driven the Qc's and they do get up and go very nice. Really a smooth kinda power too and once there going i know i'd personally keep away from em I think. Outta the hole you guys might be able to get a decent jump on em tho. I actually didn't notice a ton of traction issues with the Heavier QC. Kinda hooked well outta the hole.

-Sam

I met up with the guy w/ the Silver SRT-10 that I killed yesterday with my T/A,his name is Gary. He's actually a really cool guy once I talked with him. He said that he was impressed with the car and never thought that he'd get taken in the top end. I offered a run with my SSS vs. his SRT so we did. Holy sh%# I killed him off the line and for the first 60 feet(when he finally stopped smoking the tires) and then it was all over. He destoryed me once he got going he won by about 2 truck lengths by the next exit. I might have had a chance if I had any nitrious left but the tank was empty and without the boost there was no way in hell I could catch him unless he ran out of gas! I mean my truck runs high 13's low 14's without the gas and high 12's low 13's with the gas, at least it did last year. I know that they run around 13.2 in the 1/4 but straight up with no boost they are almost impossible to beat. We ran 3 times and he killed me 3 times. He was a good sport though he said he would run again when I git the bottle refilled. But you gonna need to have a lot more engine components than I do if you want to take one without a boost.If your supercharged you got a chance. Good luck :thumbs:

I met up with the guy w/ the Silver SRT-10 that I killed yesterday with my T/A,his name is Gary. He's actually a really cool guy once I talked with him. He said that he was impressed with the car and never thought that he'd get taken in the top end. I offered a run with my SSS vs. his SRT so we did. Holy sh%# I killed him off the line and for the first 60 feet(when he finally stopped smoking the tires) and then it was all over. He destoryed me once he got going he won by about 2 truck lengths by the next exit. I might have had a chance if I had any nitrious left but the tank was empty and without the boost there was no way in hell I could catch him unless he ran out of gas! I mean my truck runs high 13's low 14's without the gas and high 12's low 13's with the gas, at least it did last year. I know that they run around 13.2 in the 1/4 but straight up with no boost they are almost impossible to beat. We ran 3 times and he killed me 3 times. He was a good sport though he said he would run again when I git the bottle refilled. But you gonna need to have a lot more engine components than I do if you want to take one without a boost.If your supercharged you got a chance. Good luck :thumbs:

Thats cool man. Always fun to find a guy whose game huh? Yeh I'm not too suprised by those results, but some blower/bolt on SS's should be hanging right with em probably. Those trucks are pretty fast no matter what some people say from those 13.6 stock numbers heh. Goo runs tho!

-Sam

Thats cool man. Always fun to find a guy whose game huh? Yeh I'm not too suprised by those results, but some blower/bolt on SS's should be hanging right with em probably. Those trucks are pretty fast no matter what some people say from those 13.6 stock numbers heh. Goo runs tho!

-Sam

My best friends dad has the red one that I test drove and when he ran it at the track he pulled a 13.3,13.4,13.1! Not too bad for just rolling of the lot. Now he's going to buy the Venom package that is now offered for the SRT-10 it adds like another 150 ponies+.

I am just waiting to run a SRT-10 QC, I am confident in the SS. If I get a good jump I can take him for a bit, hopefully to the next light. :D

If nothing else that Sig Hauer .45 ACP should slow him down... ;)

But I agree. Stoplight to stoplight the SSS is hard to beat. :D

I am just waiting to run a SRT-10 QC, I am confident in the SS. If I get a good jump I can take him for a bit, hopefully to the next light. :D

Right off the line maybe, but I think your under estimating them still. But just hope that he's a crappy driver and you might get enough jump to keep ahead for a little bit.

On a side note, those auto's come with very aggressive shifts. I was shocked at how firm them shifted and once 1st wraps out it's pulling in second immediately. Feels awesome...

-Sam

On a side note, those auto's come with very aggressive shifts. I was shocked at how firm them shifted and once 1st wraps out it's pulling in second immediately. Feels awesome...

-Sam

I doubt its all that aggresive compared to an SS w/ a Zippy shift. :cool:

-Sam

I doubt its all that aggresive compared to an SS w/ a Zippy shift. :cool:

Never felt it so I don't know heh. But feels damn good for stock. I liked it a lot.

Almost bought that SRT-10 QC, I'll say it definately has get up and go power, but if you just floor it you'll do nothing but embarass yourself. I really like the looks of those trucks and they are pretty damn fast, I've heard the QC getting around 13.9 if driven properly. I'm pretty sure they'd devestate a stock SS from a roll, from what I felt in the test drive. If it had awd, that definately be the truck for me. Its too bad GM is getting rid of the awd in the SS. It was the only performance truck to have such a setup. A radix SS can run pretty easily with a SRT-10 QC, but it depends on the driver.

On sunday a girl in a silver QC srt10 hit me up, unfortunatly there was a lot of traffic, but we let some cars go and from a 5 mph role we hit it, the srt10 started to edge ahead, but then the turbo started to do its thing and i beat her to about 50 mph, damn traffic, she was cool though, we both couldnt stop grining from ear to ear. so, moral of the story, Boosted SSS > QCsrt10 :thumbs: I dont know what would have happend after 50, but it looked like i would have taken her all the way

Same here. That SRT-10 QC would have been very tempting with AWD. In the climates I generally drive in, AWD or at least 4WD is a must in a pickup, at least if you need it as a reliable daily driver.

The real beauty of the SSS as a performance truck is the off-the-line traction. It's almost unbeatable stoplight to stoplight. Add enough HP with mods to just hold off he SRT-10 in the quarter and you have got one quick truck.

I think most street races are in the 0-100 mph range. I usually shut down south of 90 myself. I'll occasionally race from a roll on the highway but aerodynamically it's definitely not a truck's strong suit. :D

Same here. That SRT-10 QC would have been very tempting with AWD. In the climates I generally drive in, AWD or at least 4WD is a must in a pickup, at least if you need it as a reliable daily driver.

The real beauty of the SSS as a performance truck is the off-the-line traction. It's almost unbeatable stoplight to stoplight. Add enough HP with mods to just hold off he SRT-10 in the quarter and you have got one quick truck.

I think most street races are in the 0-100 mph range. I usually shut down south of 90 myself. I'll occasionally race from a roll on the highway but aerodynamically it's definitely not a truck's strong suit.    :D

Yeh the blower helps a little with your top speed racing. I have the same prob in comparison to little sports cars, they just have the aerodynamics and power/weight to do very well. But i'm sure adding a blower makes it a lot more fun :-)

-Sam

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty much the only thing that I hate about having a pickup is top end racing I kill these crappy little jap cars and and VW's and Audi's till about 13xish and then they go by b/c the truck has nothing left to give do to the wind resistance and sheer weight but 130's in a full size is still moving at a quick pace I guess

Archived