SRT-10 Quad Cab

Dylan06SS

That's pretty much the only thing that I hate about having a pickup is top end racing I kill these crappy little jap cars and and VW's and Audi's till about 13xish and then they go by b/c the truck has nothing left to give  do to the wind resistance and sheer weight but 130's in a full size is still moving at a quick pace I guess

Hell ya it is bro. Back in the day 90 was flying in a truck that big. For what the SS is it can still go fast enough for respect from anyone IMO..

-Sam

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

any chance the SRT-10 will ever offer AWD? That and a price drop would make it more appealing. $52K plus for a QC SRT-10 is kind of high. I've only owned chevy trucks but the QC SRT-10 looks pretty sweet for a Dodge. I think what made the Ford Lightning so appealing, was that it's really fast and priced right. When the pricing of a truck is getting close to or greater than that of a vette is pretty much crazy. The vette can be priced that high, but a truck? :dunno: Chevy and Dodge could both learn about pricing from Ford. I guess that's why they sale so many trucks.

any chance the SRT-10 will ever offer AWD? That and a price drop would make it more appealing. $52K plus for a QC SRT-10 is kind of high. I've only owned chevy trucks but the QC SRT-10 looks pretty sweet for a Dodge. I think what made the Ford Lightning so appealing, was that it's really fast and priced right. When the pricing of a truck is getting close to or greater than that of a vette is pretty much crazy. The vette can be priced that high, but a truck?  :dunno: Chevy and Dodge could both learn about pricing from Ford. I guess that's why they sale so many trucks.

That was kind of my reasoning on the original SRT-10 RC. You can't tow with it, you can't haul much, it has s....y traction in bad weather (and it's a long winter around here if you don't have at least FWD). And there's no back seat. I mean, like. is it really a truck or just an overgrown, overly heavy sports car? Wouldn't you really be better off with a Mustang Cobra, a GTO or a Corvette for the kind of money the Dodge costs?

At least the SRT-10 QC, like the SSS, is a bit more practical as a truck. I would probably have bought one if it just had AWD or 4WD available, a pet peeve of mine.

i'm sure it's no zippy shifter. :D

more than likely he probably ran into another SS like adam's and already took his ass whoopin'. he may think your SS is also as fast.

any chance the SRT-10 will ever offer AWD? That and a price drop would make it more appealing. $52K plus for a QC SRT-10 is kind of high. I've only owned chevy trucks but the QC SRT-10 looks pretty sweet for a Dodge. I think what made the Ford Lightning so appealing, was that it's really fast and priced right. When the pricing of a truck is getting close to or greater than that of a vette is pretty much crazy. The vette can be priced that high, but a truck?  :dunno: Chevy and Dodge could both learn about pricing from Ford. I guess that's why they sale so many trucks.

Nah it will never have AWD or even 4wd. Dodge is known for sending out vehicles with traction issues.

I agree totally on the SRT-10 tho. It's basically a worthless truck for someone who has more money then brains and wants a fast truck with a VIPER MOTOR!!!!!!!!!! LOL. I bought my truck cuz it was different then the normal 20 yr old kid ride. It's quick for what it is but I don't use it for much else then that. I've made a plentiful amount of hauls with it moving and ish so it is useful, but I bougtht it to be a lil different then most and have something that can suprise people. Oh and the kicker is the 13K price tag on it. 50K for 9mpg(if you drive like a 95 year old haha) and has many hold backs on the useful things, just not a great idea. Fun truck to drive and look at but not really a practical vehicle for normal humans.

And the QC is just too damn hefty looking to me, way too damn big to me. Not a huge fan of the side body cladding..

-Sam

• 2 months later...

Hey guys..... for what its worth.... I'm not sure WHERE the so called "traction issues" are coming from when you talk about QC Srt-10s. The rc is a bear to launch, but the qc is one of the best hookup/launch trucks ive ever driven. Pretty much just put your foot to the floor.... get a bark out of the tires..... and your gone! I ran consistent 13.5 and 13.6's at 103.5 at moroso here in FL with bad humidity when I had only 900 miles on her. Ive seen every thing from 13.4 (John Hennessey with his new qc before mods) to 14.5s with our big bricks, but thats the driver/temp/conditions factor like we ALL experience with ANY vehicle. Anyway, not bashing or flaming, or even whining..... just trying to give ya some first hand experience on the qc srt-10s. I recently got my truck back from hennessey with a venom 700sc package.... now shes pumpin 625 to the wheels (got tired of the pullied/exaust lightnings gettin me) and I'm havin fun.. (Beat my girlfriends stock 03 ZO6 twice, even swapped drivers) Anyways...... Have fun..... and I think your SS's are BAD AZZ trucks! I always give em the thumbs up! ;)

Gottorque:

most of us around here think your trucks are mighty bada.s too.

It's actually been noted here on the board that the SRT-10 QC's are running about the same times stock (different MPH) in the 1/4 as the RC's due to easier launches and the auto tranny, in spite of more weight.

Please let us know if yiou get some track times with your new Venom setup. I'll be getting bigger injectors soon and a fresh tune and hope to bust into the 12's. :)

easy big D..... :seeya:

hmmm....when i test drove the QC i had a little bit of issues lauching, spun the tires a little bit. Yes i brake stalled it to ~2200 :D with the dealer next to me. But then again street launch and drag launch are very very different.

Gottorque:

most of us around here think your trucks are mighty bada.s too.

It's actually been noted here on the board that the SRT-10 QC's are running about the same times stock (different MPH) in the 1/4 as the RC's due to easier launches and the auto tranny, in spite of more weight.

Please let us know if yiou get some track times with your new Venom setup. I'll be getting bigger injectors soon and a fresh tune and hope to bust into the 12's.  :)

Sounds like you have all the right goodies to do just that! The Gt2-3 cam and ls6 heads are a Great breather combo..... I'm a big cheby fan myself.... I've got an 03 Z06 like my girliefriend except with some extra goodies. (procharger)... when I first got my truck, from having my 3000 lb car so long.... sheesh! I had to keep looking in my rearview mirror....... felt like I had a cement truck chain to the back of the big girl. :eek: Anyway..... good luck in your quest for twelves! You should be there with that combo and AWD...... would love to see the looks on the faces of an unsuspecting pullied lightning or an SRT-10 getting bit by that lil ol SS! ;)

p.s. cant wait to get er to the track with some before and after slips.... I'll keep ya informed as soon as I do! But I have a feeling I'll be a WEE BIT happier in the winter months with the cooler temps.... you know how s/c's hate the heat.... oh well... keep er straight an planted! :cheers:

Archived