People are crazy

smkdu

I was racing a BMW (newer style)And this guy was a real @sshole. He came up behind me and almost rearended me. He then proceeds to roll beside me.He wanted to race,by now I'm pissed off and I want to embarress this young punk. I staged to about 1500 and was ready to eat some BMW. As the light changes he's slow off the line and I jumped by about 2 trucklengths and that is where I stayed.Then at the next light he has the gall to say "That truck ain't $hit!" to which I reply"Well it beat your BMW didn't it." Now he's gunning the engine and got a real pissed look on his face. So I prepared to whop on him again. He got a better jump off the line this time, but the dumbass missed third gear so I killed by more this time, but what really got me was what happened next. We were approaching the next intersection and the light was changing to yellow, so I knew that I couldn't make it before it was red so I started to slow down. He almost hits me again and never slowed down :eek: . He ran a solid redlight and almost clipped a car crossing the intersection!!! So this leads me to this question "What is with some people?" I mean my God you lost accept it and don't be a punk. I know that we shouldn't have raced intown but if I had enough time to stop and he was behind me he should have stopped and not been a sore loser doing a ricer flyby that almost caused a crash.Just my .02 let me know what you think about it.

reality of losing gets somepeople in different ways im the same way when i lose i get :mad::mad::mad: but i curse and swear and sometimes i wannna kill whoever beat me but running a red light in anger makes matterrs very bad, especially if you crash into someone who had nuthin to do with it at all.. but good kill glad you made it to stop on time

Why do you get madd when you lose? There is always someone faster than you are and sooner or later you will lose. No need to get mad.  :yellow_loser:

I agree. Nobody is unbeatable. Everyone loses eventually. I'm sure everyone in here has been beaten at least once. :smash: I love to race it's in my blood, my dad drove a race car for 10 years and then he got into drag racing, it's our common bond.I just hate when some people just plainly are poor sports. And I especially hate it when they put other people in danger for no reason. He definately could have stopped well before the light he just choose not to.It poor choices like that, that give us bad names.

Ya, I dont have a problem with street racing as long as you keep your head about it. There's no need to do stupid shat just to prove your car/truck is better than the other guy's.

I was cruising through town the other day and I spot this Dakota R/T, I catch up to it and pull along side him. I was checking it out, looking over it at then back at the road (you know since I'm driving and all) a few times and I guess the guy in the RT figured I wanted to race (I DID, but it had rained earlier, so there was still a fair bit of water on the road, so I didnt want to do anything stupid)

Anyway he hits it, when I see him go, I punch it and as soon as the boost kicked in I stuck with him, his rear bumper around my front. But being the smart guy I am (sorry not to toot my own horn, lol) I see the light ahead changing and back off and slow down for the light, cause I'd much rather take this guy from a dig and to be safe. I guess the RT didnt want to and flies through the light just as it turns red. I had to laugh since just as I come to a stop and the RT is on the other side of the intersection, a cop pulls up to the light on the cross street. Obviously saw the RT fly through the intersection at an obviously high rate of speed and proceeds to pull him over.

I did kinda felt bad afterwards being that he got pulled over. But then I remembered it was HE who went through the red light and all is right in the world, except for the fact there TOO many idiots on the road.

Related story -

In 1994 I was driving to my folk's house in Turlock CA. On the way I was stopped with traffic at a railroad crossing around Keyes CA, I was the sixth car in line. The crossbars were down & lights flashing, but no train had appeared yet, and a Honda blasted past the six of us and tried to slalom the crossbars; we watched as the train came and drug the car 1/2-mile killing the impatient driver. We had gathered into a crowd and decided that the moral of the story was SOME PEOPLE YOU CANNOT HELP, no matter what kinds of safeguards, training, etc you put in front of them, you just have no option but to get out of their way and watch them self destruct.

Mr. P.

Related story -

In 1994 I was driving to my folk's house in Turlock CA.  On the way I was stopped with traffic at a railroad crossing around Keyes CA, I was the sixth car in line.  The crossbars were down & lights flashing, but no train had appeared yet, and a Honda blasted past the six of us and tried to slalom the crossbars; we watched as the train came and drug the car 1/2-mile killing the impatient driver.  We had gathered into a crowd and decided that the moral of the story was SOME PEOPLE YOU CANNOT HELP, no matter what kinds of safeguards, training, etc you put in front of them, you just have no option but to get out of their way and watch them self destruct.

Mr. P.

That is true not everyone has common sense and some just like to push the envelope unfortunately sometimes they push it too far

First of all, good kill.

It's stuff like this though that is turning me off more and more to spontaneous street racing. There are just too many a..holes out there. It's one thing when you line up against a guy you know or a guy that you know of through a guy you know. It's a whole 'nuther thing anymore against an unknown quantity.

Any more I'll bite if there is no traffic or activity around, otherwise I just go on my way and pass on confrontation. It's tuff but the thought of being even partly responsible for endangering other vehicles or pedestrians that are unknowing and uninvolved is a big deterrent.

Don't mind me. Maybe I'm just getting old. :nonod:

Archived