A whole Stereo Setup

OK i have a 1999 2500 silverado and i want to get a stero system deck amp subs and some 6in 9in speakers and i am spending about 1600$ and i would like to know what the best set up to get would be??

And i have to buy a box but i want one that can fit under the back seat and i have no idea on the price on those or who makes them?>?

Please help

OK i have a 1999 2500 silverado and i want to get a stero system deck amp subs and some 6in 9in speakers and i am spending about 1600$ and i would like to know what the best set up  to get would be??

And i have to buy a box but i want one that can fit under the back seat and i have no idea on the price on those or who makes them?>?

Please help

Get a good deck to start with make sure it has 3 preouts ( I perfer Alpine), then some good sounding 6.5 inch speakers (MTX 6001 coaxs sound GREAT for the money) for the front doors, there are no 6X9 provisions in this truck, as for the rears I would stick with stock ones as you really dont hear them and you should never sit in the back of your own truck. then get a dual 10 inch box for under the rear seat, get some inexpensive subs (MTX 5500's would rock in this application) and then get a solid 4 channel amp to run bridged to the subs and stereo to the fronts (MTX 3404 would do nicely), keep the rears off the new deck you just bought. Make sure you go overkill on the power wire and have them run 3 2 channel RCA cables for upgrades later. Then when you come up with some extra cash buy them rears for the passengers and run them off the 4 channel amp and get a bigger sub amp for the 10 inch subs!

that is what I would do, your chioce your money! If you want to come to Des Moines we have it all in stock and I can get it done in a day!

OR OR OR, you could buy the amps that I have for sale and save a HUGE amount of cash. they are MTX blue thunders. that I had powder coated red!

I have a 4 channel, 2-2 channels and a HUGE 2 channel. I will do all 4 amps for 450 shipped! lets make a deal!

I had two 12's in my SS under the seat and it sounded ok, shook everything like crazy which sucked. I now have a MTX thunderform single sub set-up and like it a lot, i was amazed at one MTX 10" sub could do. As for the other stuff fast4popper seems to be on the right track. Good Luck

Q-Logic makes a sweet custom box for underneath the back bench in extended cab silverados. It's actually 3 pieces, a 10" sub box on each side of the tranny tunnel hump and then an amp rack that connects the two box and goes over the hump. Crutchfield.com sells them, you should check them out. As for system components, you can't go wrong with Audiobahn! For the price, they're products are outstanding (amps, subs and full range speakers) plus you can get sick deals on their products from reputable resellers on ebay, just do a search! Good luck with your system!

Q-Logic makes a sweet custom box for underneath the back bench in extended cab silverados. It's actually 3 pieces, a 10" sub box on each side of the tranny tunnel hump and then an amp rack that connects the two box and goes over the hump. Crutchfield.com sells them, you should check them out. As for system components, you can't go wrong with Audiobahn! For the price, they're products are outstanding (amps, subs and full range speakers) plus you can get sick deals on their products from reputable resellers on ebay, just do a search! Good luck with your system!

the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for"

http://www.cardomain.com/sku/JBLGTO6011II

that will power a www.reaudio.com SE10

http://www.cardomain.com/sku/JBLGTO752II

will power these:

http://www.cardomain.com/sku/POLDB6500

try to find an alpine 9831 somewhere for around $275 (its last yrs model, reg $400 receiver)

all your install accessories are going to cost $250-300 plus $150 for a box(which you cant buy until you know what the SE10 requires for air space.) to buy RE stuff you must contact them directly, their stuff owns though. thats about $1500

We are doing a stereo for Blackyss13 this weekend, I think his total bill is going to be around 1300-1500 and it is going to pound for what he is getting

Alpine Deck

Diamond audio M6 components

Diamond audio 10inch subs

Alpine 2 channel amp for mids and highs

Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 for subs

and wire, harness, custom sub box etc..

He should be a very happy customer!!!!!!

Where do you live,, we can hook U up!!!!

so for you car install guys, have you had any luck with a jl w7 in the back without taking the seat out or cutting? i have the w3v2s, but just for a moment thought, i wonder if a w7 would fit. maybe even a w6v2. thanks.

so for you car install guys, have you had any luck with a jl w7 in the back without taking the seat out or cutting?  i have the w3v2s, but just for a moment thought, i wonder if a w7 would fit.  maybe even a w6v2.  thanks.

some people think that the W7 is the end all of subs. personally I think it is a heavy breathing over rated P.O.S. again that is my opinion, save your cash and buy something else. you are gonna be WAY better off with your W3's IMO.

so for you car install guys, have you had any luck with a jl w7 in the back without taking the seat out or cutting?  i have the w3v2s, but just for a moment thought, i wonder if a w7 would fit.  maybe even a w6v2.  thanks.

W7? ya not gonna happen, they're over 8" deep, the deepest subs i can fit under that seat is a r type or the old style w6(about 5" deep) and thats tight as it is(new ones might not fit either with a 6.9" mounting depth on a 10w6-v2). Without raising the seat up or getting rid of it all together, your limits are about a sub with a 5-6" depth.

My advice is r-type alpine, they have a redesign this year with 30% more excursion and 40% more power handling then last year... and the old style one kick ass, so these should be really good(just got them in the store, haven't had a chance to try them out yet).

Hope that helps.

some people think that the W7 is the end all of subs. personally I think it is a heavy breathing over rated P.O.S. again that is my opinion, save your cash and buy something else.  you are gonna be WAY better off with your W3's IMO.

True, look at the x-type alpine, better sub, less money. w7's are good but who has that kind of space? they're useless in trucks and take up way to much power to be really practical. The only benefit is that u can run less drivers to get the same spl.

Archived