Schrader valve

Bought guage for fuel pressure Eletric cant get fitting to start threading  on plastic schrader body any way to change it out . Any one have same problem ?

Not sure what you mean. The only plastic part I'm aware of is the cap. It screws right off, then you should be able to screw on your sending unit, unless it doesn't fit. You also need to remove the inner part of the valve - screws right out. Others have skipped that step with no issue, but it's easy to do.

Bought guage for fuel pressure Eletric cant get fitting to start threading  on plastic schrader body any way to change it out . Any one have same problem ?

Not sure what you mean. The only plastic part I'm aware of is the cap. It screws right off, then you should be able to screw on your sending unit, unless it doesn't fit. You also need to remove the inner part of the valve - screws right out. Others have skipped that step with no issue, but it's easy to do.

The simplest way to do it is to take the whole schrader valve out of the fuel rail, and put the sending unit directly into the rail. The 1/8 pipe thread on the valve should match the threads on the schrader valve-to-rail fitting. If you want to adapt to the cap, the thread size is a -4 AN size. I dount you'll be able to find the combination of fittings to do it this way that doesn't look REAL out of place, though. Been there, done that, got the fittings to prove it!

I had the pep boys fuel presure testing kit on there once now it wont fit i had it rigged so i would have 2 guages 1 in engine compartment an d 1 on pillar now i can't screw it back on scrader valve , if i remove schrader valve what is the 2 wire lead that connects to the back side of the valve Thanks for the help

I have the Autometer elect fuel press gauge set up, the sending unit that comes with mine has a 1/4 inch pipe thread on it. You will need a -4an female fitting and what ever thread size your sending unit has if you are going to connect it to the shrader valve. I beleive Edelbrock or Russel fitting has what you need. I have not done mine yet becuase I going to do it when I hook up my nos.

Got it it was hiding between the s/c and plentiam tight fit but i installed the fuel pressure test gauge and added the sending unit to it it works great the only problem i only have 52 lbs of fuel pressure at start up goes up as throttle increases Thanks to all that help another problem solved with this site it's the greatest with all the knowledge in here :smash:

PS in the future the s/v is on the passenger side at the crossover fuel line

• 7 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I need help ASAP I purchased an electric fuel pressure gauge from autometer but the adapter to the fuel pressure sending unit does not fit over the Schrader valve. Does the Schrader valve come out of the fuel line so the adapter can fit?

Archived