bbk 80mm throttle body

If your interested in a stock TB that already ported and polished.  Let me know.  I have one that can bolt right on.

define "port" are we talking a full port through job with an oversize butterfly to like a 80mm, or is opened up before the butterfly.

on my dodge i saw a tenth gain with a 2mm larger tb. I was hoping to see the same here. And down the road i would like to cam the truck, so a bigger tb would only help a larger cam. From what i can see no one here has put on a bbk 80mm on a N/A truck. And from what i am dealing with to make it work i can now see why.

Brad

call bbk and they will help you, you will need to drill a hole near the bottom on the side to stick a small screwdriver in and pry it up, i destroyed my original and had to buy a new one just to drill a hole in it and then i came out easy, bbk said they were in the works on changing the directions to drilling a hole in it. if you want i can email you a picture of my old one with a hole in it. good luck, Greg

call bbk and they will help you, you will need to drill a hole near the bottom on the side to stick a small screwdriver in and pry it up, i destroyed my original and had to buy a new one just to drill a hole in it and then i came out easy, bbk said they were in the works on changing the directions to drilling a hole in it. if you want i can email you a picture of my old one with a hole in it. good luck, Greg

I sure would like a pic!!!! [email protected] I destroyed my original motor trying to get it apart, then destroyed the tb just to see what was holding it in that tight. I found it was the press fit diameter on the bottom of the motor housing into the TB. So you had to drill a hole in the bottom of the motor housing and then knock out the motor from the back instead of using the "puller" tool they give you?? I have this new one from ebay and i would like this one to work out!

By the way did it help you at all. did you get a chance to see any et drop?

Thanks Much!

Brad

did you have any problems getting it to work on your truck? I got the tb to work but the truck doesn't like it. It kicks a code and then cuts my motor out. it says "reduced engine power" on the dash?

Brad

Archived