gumballrace

chiel

I talked to a few of them when they ran in here in the states a few years back. They stopped at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, signed in, and then went to their hotels and "hung out". I got a bunch of the signs and stickers. I love the gumballers and can't wait until they come back to the states.

When the Gumball 3000 did a San Fransisco to Miami route a couple years ago, a bunch of the guys I know in Gainesville met up with them on I-75 and had a few good races...including a White Supra chasing a Silver Porsche GT2.

Anyway, they filmed it all, and sent the footage to the Gumball producers...and they liked what they say, and used it in the film!

Due to that, we all got invited out to LA for the premier...so we took a group of ~18-20 guys out, did the whole red carpet thing, met all the guys who raced the Gumball that year...it was great.

This past year (May '04) these same guys (who now go by the name "IMV Films") were hired by a guy to film his whole Gumball in Europe. 4 of them flew to Europe and filmed for "Torquenstein", a guy with a Hennessy Viper.

It was all going great until the Viper crashed at ~120mph into the desert and sent the drive to the hospital for a couple days.

Anyway, these guys have made a DVD with Gumball footage, and a lot more street action...check 'em out at www.imvfilms.com

Here's the DVD trailer...

IMV Films DVD Trailer for "Vehicular Lunatics"

The trailer is ~14mb (and my car is the featured in it, it' the gold colored 240SX that's going sideways about ~42 seconds in).

Anyway, the DVD is awesome...and it all started with Gumball footage.

- Brian

Archived