Q Logic boxes

I've been looking to kind of upgrade my system for a while. My partner can get me some pre fabbed boxes made by Q Logic. Are these any good? He brought one to me today to check the fit and it fit really well under the seat only it was the wrong color. They hold 10" woofers and there is an optional amp rack available from Q Logic as well.

Anyone have any experience with these???

TIA

Late- Alex

The only thing I know about them is that they are made from rough grade particle board and if you get a sub in them that has any decent output,, they will not last long. If you really want to get them. line the inside of the box with resin to coat and make the wood stronger!

The only thing I know about them is that they are made from rough grade particle board and if you get a sub in them that has any decent output,, they will not last long.  If you really want to get them. line the inside of the box with resin to coat and make the wood stronger!

:withstupid: I think there junk, but thats just my opinion

A good quality box is made from 3/4 MDF, because it is strong enough to withstand a lot of power without busting open. Problem is, it gets heavy quick depending on box size, complexity and application, so my recommendation is a custom made enclosure made out of fiberglass with a MDF skeleton for proper support. That will save weight AND give you a kick ass box, plus then you can have the option of using 12's (which I think are better than 10's, 10's are for ricer mobiles!). Just my $0.02

www.probox makes a decent box.

I got one used for my ext cab Sierra, which is the same for your SS.

I also built one for my Stepside.

Pro Boxes come coated with a material similiar to Rhino lining.

I had The Box I built for my Reg cab Rhino lined and it came out nice.

It might not look too good with the leather of the SS though.

Just another option for you.

It does take some tools to build a nice box.

A table saw is nice for real strait cuts,

screw gun, drill, jig saw, #9 2" wood screws, glue, silicon, and a nicer speaker terminal.

Heres the probox in My Ext cab GMC;

It fits right underneath the seat and doesn't really affect leg room.

As far as weight maybe 75lbs depending on the speaker's magnets

750162_24_full.jpg

Her's the box I built for my Reg Cab

509026_83_full.jpg

509026_86_full.jpg

A good quality box is made from 3/4 MDF, because it is strong enough to withstand a lot of power without busting open. Problem is, it gets heavy quick depending on box size, complexity and application, so my recommendation is a custom made enclosure made out of fiberglass with a MDF skeleton for proper support. That will save weight AND give you a kick ass box, plus then you can have the option of using 12's (which I think are better than 10's, 10's are for ricer mobiles!). Just my $0.02

thats exactly whaty i plan on doing very soon , i am debating on a 13.5 or 12 w7 though, i work at a stereo shop and i build boxes . particle board(q-logic) boxes which are sealed ( not really) because particle board isnt air tight like mdf.

Archived