Spanked an SS!

standby

IMPALA SS that is :P . A friend of mine bought a new VHO the day after I bought mine. Almost exactly one year later (last Tuesday) he decided to wrap it around a tree :cry: Truck is totalled and wife talked him into getting a car for the better mileage and backseat room for their child, blah, blah, blah.....

So he bought an '05 ImpalaSS supercharged (are all of them sc'd?). Had 200 miles on it and wants to try the VHO :D (that's my boy!). He said it shut off at 110mph and would run to the shut off. We lined up on country highway and away we went. Jumped him off the line pretty good, but gained very little after that up to 125mph. Yes, 125mph! Dealer told him the shut off was 110, but was wrong. The car has a 140mph speedo so there wasn't any estimation. This really surprised both of us. Is that standard on these cars?

Other than that, I must say these cars are underestimated (by me anyway). If not for pcmforless, the "SS" would have walked me!

That's good to know because my wife has a 2004 Impala SS( Black of course ) and while I'm always kidding her about the fact that it isn't really an SS I really think that it is pretty quick for what it is!!! :chevy:

Archived